devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pic. of your Grandfather Joe. He looks in the pic. as if he could...and would.....put just a wee bit of a butt whupping on some Thugs. Since you are obviously of Irish descent, (I am also), "May the Road Always Rise up to Meet You and the Sun Always be to Your Back." and one of my favorites, "May You be in Heaven an Hour before the Devil Knows Your Dead." Have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe G from Md

Joe G from Md

Dec 23, 2017
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes vpnavy he is my and FF1's great grandfather our grandfather John S. Gouff was also sherriff of Hagerstown at a later date. Thanks bud for the info.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I added the obit to my files and will put it on the ancestry site I use. Wasn't 128 John Street where Grandma had her beauty shop? Was ours 139?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you find that? And, thanks for posting it. It will fill some blanks in the family tree.
metal_detector.gif
Got a bunch of hits on Scott McClellan Kline and just checked on "John S. Gouff" and found a bunch of hits. If you are trying to collect information - you might consider subscribing to Newspapers.com by Ancestry. They have a trial period which might meet your research needs.

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty neat, I was actually just in Hagerstown a few weeks ago, I'm sure it has changed alot since his day!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FFI, I liked the pic. of yours and your brothers Grandfather. I wish you two a Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Did you by chance get to see the pic of the button Calabash Digger just dug? It was a button worn by a soldier in the Irish Brigade "Erin Go Braugh". I believe he said it was from a soldier from the 69th New York Regiment. The button looks to be in great shape. What did he find it with? I believe it was the Deus. Check it out if you get a chance if you haven't already seen it.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FFI, I liked the pic. of yours and your brothers Grandfather. I wish you two a Happy Saint Patrick's Day. Did you by chance get to see the pic of the button Calabash Digger just dug? It was a button worn by a soldier in the Irish Brigade "Erin Go Braugh". I believe he said it was from a soldier from the 69th New York Regiment. The button looks to be in great shape. What did he find it with? I believe it was the Deus. Check it out if you get a chance if you haven't already seen it.

I saw that! I would rather find a good button than almost any coin.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Same here. Buttons can sometimes be pretty scarce. Any day you find a button these days....is a Good Day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread