Old photo I want to share

erik24k

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2018
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I was about 4 or 5 my grandma showed me this picture of a figure in a cloud. She said that a good friend of hers took the picture and gave it to her. Every time I came to visit my gram I would ask to see it because I loved it so much. So much in fact she gave it me. I thought it was lost but thank goodness I found it. I really don't know much about it just that it was taken a long time ago near Alamosa, Colorado during a sandstorm. This is the scan of the photo and the back it says 048 98 1 n n - 2 2 and this paper manufactured by Kodak. Does anyone know when this picture might have been taken?
IMG.jpg

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I see the man? holding his hand over the heart area...if it's real it's very cool :icon_thumright:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Back when I was about 4 or 5 my grandma showed me this picture of a figure in a cloud. She said that a good friend of hers took the picture and gave it to her. Every time I came to visit my gram I would ask to see it because I loved it so much. So much in fact she gave it me. I thought it was lost but thank goodness I found it. I really don't know much about it just that it was taken a long time ago near Alamosa, Colorado during a sandstorm. This is the scan of the photo and the back it says 048 98 1 n n - 2 2 and this paper manufactured by Kodak. Does anyone know when this picture might have been taken?
View attachment 1580347

WOW! That's Awesome!

How old are you now? Do you know about how old your Grandmother was when she first showed it to you? Since that's Very Near a National Park it should be easy to trace Any Kind Of Storms that occurred there. They've had more than a few sand storms.

There are some sites online that show what numbers and letters mean on photo paper.

Thanks For Sharing It...Amazing.

Kace

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool. I see it too.

So according to the internet's the numbers relate to printing specifics and nothing to do with date of print or of paper manufacturer.

Internet also say that Between 1972 and 1990 kodak used "this paper manufactured by Kodak".

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's cool. I see it too.

So according to the internet's the numbers relate to printing specifics and nothing to do with date of print or of paper manufacturer.

Internet also say that Between 1972 and 1990 kodak used "this paper manufactured by Kodak".

Too bad the film reel isn't available... typically if it's metal or plastic it would tell... still doesn't date the photo though. I've found about 14-15 fully used rolls of 35mm film belonging to my father and grandparents.. I'm hoping there are pics on them to give me a really good idea of when they were taken.

Good thing erik24's pic was from a National Park area... that will help big time.

Kace

OP
OP
E

erik24k

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2018
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies, I 'm happy I found it and could share! I'm 33, so probably late 1980's is when my grandma first showed it to me.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So very cool. I just lost my nephew and thought I’d click on this post because his name was Eric like yours and I see this.
How awesome!
I was really missing him and the figure in the clouds let’s me know he’s ok.
Thank you!

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So very cool. I just lost my nephew and thought I’d click on this post because his name was Eric like yours and I see this.
How awesome!
I was really missing him and the figure in the clouds let’s me know he’s ok.
Thank you!

What a wonderfully heartfelt reply to a really wonderful posting. Sorry for your loss, and thank you to the OP for a really neat story.
Now I miss my grandparents......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread