19.5 KB · Views: 1,282

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the swiss 6.5 x 55 round is a great round -- powerful and accurate -- many good swiss rifles can still be found get one while you can still -- (check the bore carefully)--the swiss bolt action military surplus guns in 6.5 x 55 are great for deer hunting rifles

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ivan salis said:
the swiss 6.5 x 55 round is a great round -- powerful and accurate -- many good swiss rifles can still be found get one while you can still -- (check the bore carefully)--the swiss bolt action military surplus guns in 6.5 x 55 are great for deer hunting rifles

Hey ivan,

Thanks for the info. At the next gun-knife show, I'll look for em ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several of these rifles I have put back. Pristine bores and excellent shooters. I have one I slightly modified to deer hunt with and it is perfect. I kept all the original parts and can convert back to original as I don't like disfiguring these beautiful rifles. My favorite is a 1917 Model. I have won a couple of match shoots with it (Military Bolt Action). They will outshoot just about any military bolt action rifle incluiding the neweer ones as is. They never used corrosive ammo and the bores are really nice. They are getting scarce, being snatched up by collectors and the price has nearly tripled in the pasts ten years. Monty

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread