New guy here

whtelk

Mar 29, 2010
Hi guys, new guy here from the mid valley. 50 years old and an avid outdoors man. I spend a lot of time in the mountains each year hunting,fishing and flat out exploring.
My question is this...was gold ever found on the middle fork of the Santiam river? reason I ask is a friend said gold was never found on the middle fork. They have found gold on the quartzville arm, the north Santiam and the Calapooia so I would think the middle fork would of had some too.....Thanks

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
The middle fork of the Santiam is downstream from Quartzville. It runs into both Green Peter and Foster Reservoirs, then thru Sweet Home and Lebanon. I grew up in Lebanon.

Yes, gold has been found there. Not very abundant. Alluvial gold has been found even into the Willamette Valley. My great-uncle found a small gold nugget in a duck he was cleaning, after he had a well dug on his property near Sandridge. He thought the nugget had come from the sludge produced from the well. I never saw the nugget, so can't say. He lived about 3 miles WNW of Sandridge Cemetery.

Some gold in most of the streams emptying from the Cascades. But gold lode deposits (gold in bedrock) pretty well mapped out already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions