Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you thinking Quartzville creek in Sweethome Or,
I do know where Quartz creek is on Hwy 26 but haven't heard anything about it. Might try hitting it with a sluice box and just see what you get. You never know!

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Gold in Quartz Creek off Hwy26 are just old stories. You will not find anything but quartz and brush.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a really old post, but just FYI, that's not exactly true about Quartz Creek, the Quartz Creek off of Highway 26, there (is) still gold there, but probably not worth going after. There is also one off of Highway 126 too, East of Eugene, but that river is rough, REALLY rough! I live in Sweet Home, Oregon, near Quartzville. There is another Quartz Creek is in S Oregon off of highway 140. "Quartzville" Creek is near Sweet Home. Sweet Home and Quartzville were gold rush places for quite awhile. People still dredge and pan in various places around here, but you better be (very) careful or you might run upon someone who has a claim - and then get to meet both Mr Smith and Mr Wesson at the same time. And watch out for huge holes in the ground too up there, it's wild and grown up with brush up to 20 feet high in many places, and some big cats live there too. And yes, there is still gold there too. more than anywhere else in Oregon. Whites main plant is here. And yes there is still gold in the two southern Oregon Quartz Creeks too, and in and around Gold Hill and other nearby places in S Oregon too. If this interests you, watch out though, some people are really poor in some of the latter isolated areas and you may not meet a welcome committee there, even if you tried. I once saw a man living under a 15 foot tall scrap metal pile near there, and he even had a stovepipe with smoke coming out of the mess. Yep, just like any other old hillbilly person. I've seen real weirdos too, living up in the hills, driving a Ferrari while living in a yurt - with nothing but Masonite walls with 2x2's" for studs, just North of Grants Pass. I even saw some old woman living under a powerline high on a hill in a utility trailer and a stovepipe coming out of it. This is not a joke. I couldn't help writing this here, I found some of the above rather amusing, it reminded me of some of the things I've seen around here. Larry

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread