Mcminnville - anyone know the rules???

glabelle

Apr 21, 2011
A friend recently called Mac "Parks and Recs" and was told that there was an ordinance against detecting parks and schools. Suspicious, because they are two different entities. He was quoted ordinance number 4698 which as far as I could determine was the rules for "dog parks" only, and didn't mention detecting.

Anyone from this area, or know the real scoop on this?

George
Aloha, Oregon

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think some one gave you some false Info, just so they did not have to go and Ask their supervisor!!!! I scrolled through their Parks and Recreation site and did not see anythin Banning detecting or Digging HH Chug!!!!!

Please remember When digging in parks Leave no sign that you dug after closing your Hole, Cut U shaped plugs and Pick up all of your finds and Dispose of them!!! don't just throw them on the Ground!!!! Trust Me You are Being Judjed by the Way You Metal detect By everyone!!!!

While I was detecting this Afternoon a Young man and Lady walked By and out of the Corner of his Mouth he Said Th Po Po are watching you, Sure enough they came over a few Minutes Later and Asked What I have found I showed them The Little silver ring and A few Coins!!!! Talked to them for a few Minutes and they Mentioned Kicking out A guy last week on Friday because He was throwing his trash He found on the Ground And making Big Holes and not covering Them they Noticed that I did Not Use My digger often And When I did You could not tell When I was Done!!!! They Wished Me luck and Went After to the Couple Who were Petting Heavily In a grassy area!!! Must Be Spring Time!!! HH Chug

http://www.ci.mcminnville.or.us/city/departments/parks-a-recreation/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread