Oregon Sunstones (Spectrum Sunstone mine)

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i have now finaliced my plan to go .. Money are set aside.. car is prepped and Sifters are build... I will be at the Oregon sunstone country at the Spectrum mine from May 6th after 5 pm till May 8th at mine closure.
I will not arrange this as a arranged hunt.. but i hope one or more of you will come and meet up one of the 2 days i will be digging at the mine.

Pictures will be taken and posted after the hunt :-)

USTiger.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Bumping this up .. i am hoping someone will come and join me in 8 days at the Spectrum mine..
I have packed all my stuff and am ready for my trip.

Hope to see one or more of you there.

USTiger

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tiger: Good luck and good weather to you. If it is chilly, well, at least the buzztails will be inactive. Hope you find lots of big, inclusion-free stones loaded with schiller. That country over around Plush is fascinating.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Good luck down there Tiger- I remember a few years back we were trying to get together and do this, I'm glad you're finally getting the chance. :) Perfect time of year to do it also, not too hot, not too cold. Unfortunately I have commitments here at home this time, but I'd love to see pics when you get back :)

PS, do a little walking around out in the desert where people haven't dug before. My folks got some amazing colored stones this way just eyeballing the ground last year!

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tiger, there is also picture jasper up on Hart Mountain, but usually many, many ticks this time of year. Be sure to take repellant for around your pant cuffs, etc.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck down there Tiger- I remember a few years back we were trying to get together and do this, I'm glad you're finally getting the chance. :) Perfect time of year to do it also, not too hot, not too cold. Unfortunately I have commitments here at home this time, but I'd love to see pics when you get back :)

PS, do a little walking around out in the desert where people haven't dug before. My folks got some amazing colored stones this way just eyeballing the ground last year!

Thanks Jeffro for that tip .. i have 3 days there so i will differently use my eyes.

Tiger, there is also picture jasper up on Hart Mountain, but usually many, many ticks this time of year. Be sure to take repellant for around your pant cuffs, etc.

Thanks BillinOregon for that tip also but i think i will stick to sunstones this time.

USTiger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread