Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's your beach gear?

Hey Oregon beach hunters: What kind of gear are you using to recover wet sand and shallow water targets? I am figuring on either a Tesoro Sand Shark or a White's Dual Field, one of the good scoops, an inflatable PFD and waders. But I'm also wondering if a full or farmer John-style wetsuit wouldn't be as practical/comfortable. I've never seen anyone working the water on any of the southern Oregon beaches, so I'm going but what works for the guys in New England, who also deal with water temps in the low 50s.

OP
OP
B

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cats got your tongues, or are my fellow Oregonians just quiet sorts?

;-)

GroundHog

Greenie
May 9, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here you go DSCF3755.JPG DSCF3756.JPG

OP
OP
B

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, thanks for posting the photos GH. Have you put in a lot of beach time with the big scoops? How are they working for you? Love to see a side view.
By the way, I posted a welcome to your new member post. Hopefully some more of the Oregon gang will respond. Lots of folks up your way.

GroundHog

Greenie
May 9, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One is 4x9 and other one is 4x11 w/ 43" handles and they weigh about 3-4oz LESS than a standard long handle scoop. here I have my gem scoops attached to the handles DSCF3761.JPG DSCF3764.JPG they work great and they wont rust. I put they through some good abuse. but the 11" one i am cutting down to 9". 11 is to long. i used them at the beach about 4 times. I dont go to the beach without them. TOTAL weight each is 2.6lbs

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread