Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Bend, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any hunters in lincoln city i just moved here and baught my first metal detector could use all help,tips and advise anyone has to offer im haveing trouble finding out the local history around here

Best advice...just get out and start swingin'...I'm in Central Oregon and we are actually going to be over in Lincoln City this weekend for about 4 days...Cant wait to try my 250 on the beach...

This is a cool site for historical locations...obviously not all inclusive, but good starting point...Oregon Historic Sites Database

I would just put the county and then hit search...Wouldnt worry about the rest of the search features unless you want to...it will bring up a list and next to one of the listings hit MAP...it will show all the locations on a map...if you click on the dots it will bring up a little info...THEN click on the Resource ID #...when it opens, click on Inventory Form on the left hand side...It will bring up some nice info...Enjoy!!

OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks very much ill put it to good use

OP
OP
zag

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey today i received a map of toledo,oregon its the origional town site going back to 1893 it even has the cordinates on it so u can locate where it was on google maps let me know if you are intrested in it and ill send it to ya,and thanks again for all your help and advise

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread