Oregon trip

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
No problem, hope you find something good! Here's the link, BTW. Looks like I forgot it before...

http://soda.sou.edu/

Wish I could make it down for the trip. Just can't get away. At least I've been able to get out panning and sluicing quite a bit up here recently.

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Jeffro
Could you notify me off/line on where you are camping? Two of my sons (nice kids for the most part) would like to camp alongside you if that is ok. Oldest son Patrick is a geology nut and would love to hear some of your stories about treasure hunting

tootles
Lisa & Jack
Grants Pass

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
No worries- if you look at the map, it'll be somewhere along the stretch from "c" to "t" in "camp spot". It's only about a half mile long, and you'll spot my Chevy custom van (white) easily from the road. My Dad will be in a red Geo, and another couple will be in a Blue F-150.

Actually, if you see anyone at all this time of year, thats probably us. :D

Looking forward to meeting your whole family! :)

What day should I expect you and/or your sons?

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
They may be there before you ;), Patrick is very keen on spending the entire week there, Charles wants to go camping on Grayback at the Bigfoot research area and may not stay the entire time. BTW, Ask Pat about his Bigfoot experiences... he is like his dad and can tell a good tale.
Jack and I will be there, either together or with one of the kids in tow every day (BTW our twins are 22 and the triplets are 18). I won't be there Wed due to one daughter having a Dr appointment. We will be happy to make supply runs for you all too we have lots of grain fed beef in the freezer.
;D ;D In fact the Friday night steaks are on us for everyone who is there! ;D ;D

Really looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya soon

tootles
Lisa & Jack
Grants Pass

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
Hi everyone,Mel and Leslie from Washington will be there Thrusday night or Friday morning...............see ya then.......

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
Thank-you soooooo very much,anything can I bring for you?Ill bring a bunch of soda for all..........Mel and Leslie

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Heading out soon, Randy's so excited he got up at 6, LOL!

See you fine folks down there! :)

Attachments

• Gold from Galice2.jpg
    Gold from Galice2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 663

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Just a taste of what was being found at Grave Creek today.

Tomorrow? Who knows!

Lisa & Jack in Grants Pass

Attachments

• Grave Creek Beauties.jpg
    Grave Creek Beauties.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 647

wayne

Mar 22, 2003
granger,wa.
hi jeffro - do you think that any of us will be able to continue prospecting etc. after the new rules for public lands has set the rules for all public lands? i called my senators before the vote and they ignored me - totally! the little 4 wheelers are out and maybe the public also. i'm sure glad that i didn't swap my republican card in for a democrat card ! wayne p.s. i'm inthe process of building a dry washer. i found a three grain picker last summer (the only time that i got out for about 5 hours). i'm still looking for a nugget with my gold detectors. who is the good looking kid in your lap?

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006
This sure does bring back fond memories of growing up in Oregon, lived in GP for 6 months, mostly grew up in Bandon, Coos Bay/N, Bend, Couquille, Little River, Glide, Roseburg. Did dream alot as a kid of hitting a rich nugget vein on the river, but alas it was only a dream.

Thanks for the photos :)

Ya, great place to grow up! I grew up near Merlin - lived there for about 25 years off and on, and due to the economy, here again!

Anybody want to meet up near Grave Creek anytime soon??? I'm going to go down there one of these days to check it out... Question though... Is panning legal during spawning season? As a steelie-fisher, I care. As a realist - I can keep silt from entering the creek. I just bought a new piece of expanded metal for my (home-built) sluice and want to try it out! Even if it is running concentrate...

Anybody???

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
I don't know if Grave Creek has specific regs, but in general the in-water work periods are for powered equipment. Panning is legal outside of those periods except when eggs are present. My guess is the public area on Grave Creek is downstream from any spawning beds, but you could check with the local fisheries biologist to find out for sure.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
You can try all you want, but you will never harm fish or eggs with silt from a gold pan, lol! All tribs running into the Rogue north of Grants pss are open for 1/4 mile upstream, as they can't be claimed. There's some good panning right at the first bend upstream from the Rogue on Graves creek, but it's been hit pretty hard. Trick there is t stay away from the loose dirt and hit the hardpack, you'll pull small nuggies if you are patient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread