Little North Santiam Gold.

mrlindeman

Feb 6, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi All.
I have been workin this rivers puplic parks for a while now. I am finding the gold getting a smidge bigger from north fork park as i work to elkhorn park and bear creek. There are claims between as well that I of course do not work on. I want to try salmon falls and three pools but am finding that the gold really is only in some bedrock scattered as well as in moss close to low water. It mostly panning due to the gold only being near slow water. I trie digging behind all sorts of boulders but flakes are few and far between. My best day was two pans producing .40 grm. Has anyone advise on zeroing in on the gold a bit better as far as its behaivior on this river? Im usually crevicing the downstream side of bedrock dropoffs. Has anyone had good gold higher up near shady cove? Thanks in advance.:hello::hello2: I know this place has a trick to it for sure. Good gold comes outa here just from panning and sluicing. Im so close to a picker I can feel it lol

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this post somewhat amusing because Oregon gold hunters are a tight-lipped bunch. They keep their secrets and their personal info to themselves, instead of broadcasting it to the rest of the world. This part of the world is not California or Florida, it's a lot more private, personal, and individualistic than most other areas. It's still somewhat rustic and pioneer-spirited around these parts.. Keep that in mind, and make sure you don't encroach upon another man's privacy or his claim, it's not a good place to play, just some good advice. And too, always watch out for mushroom pickers and those growing pot here too, it's a dangerous world out there in the forests, I've even discovered trip wires now and then..hopefully just for an alarm system, and not for Claymore mines, hopefully.:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions