TAILING PILES ON GRAVES CREEK

Leeame

Feb 8, 2007
Grants Pass OR
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Re: TAILING PILES ON GRAVES CREEK

Not yet!
My mother was telling me about the tailing piles just this morning. She also told me about walking the river banks looking for rocks and having an old miner pulling a gun on her and dad: "What part of NO TRESPASSING don't you understand!" This was back in the 60's. Hope that old miner is gone now. :D
Planning (again, weather permitting) to go over to the area and check out the roads, etc. for conditions. Will post pix afterwards.

tootles
Lisa & Jack in Grants Pass

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

hard rider said:
ANYONE POKED AROUND THE TAILING PILES AROUND LELAND??

Pretty much anywhere you find tailing piles down there you can pull some decent gold out of them. The NEVER got it all.
Best o' luck
~Nash~

OP
OP
H

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007

Thanks for the replies,I quess what I really wanted to know if the tailings down at Graves Ck.are claimed or not or if there is open ground,like Coyote Ck.Thanks...Mel

OP
OP
H

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007

I just noticed I'm a GREENIE in the forum........LOL!............

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

This takes some time to learn, but it seriously worth it.

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Try the tutorial. After you've looked at the area of interest and found out its not claimed, it always pays to go to the county recorders office and check if any new claims have been filed. Sometimes LR is out of date.

OP
OP
H

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007

Thanks Jeff,but Geeze,didn't make heads or tailings out that site,has any one seen the old bucket dredge on Cotote Ck?I friend of mind said 30 years ago there was still one down there...?

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used

Jeffro said:
This takes some time to learn, but it seriously worth it.

http://www.blm.gov/lr2000/

Try the tutorial. After you've looked at the area of interest and found out its not claimed, it always pays to go to the county recorders office and check if any new claims have been filed. Sometimes LR is out of date.

I have had that on my favorites list now for quite some time...I think most people need an attorney to interperate...Kind of like the fishing and hunting regs pamphlets :o :o
~Nash~

Sixxgun

Greenie
Jul 10, 2007
Prineville,Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter tracker IV and White's Goldmaster

Nash is Right they didn't get all the gold out I don't remember but it was like 50-75% was recoverd with there method. There is a chance to find big nuggets out there.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used

Sixxgun said:
Nash is Right they didn't get all the gold out I don't remember but it was like 50-75% was recoverd with there method. There is a chance to find big nuggets out there.
ANd when you think about it, that percentage is only in the areas where they actually worked. Imagine all of the spots where they didn't work....But yes, at that recovery rate there is a good chance of finding some nice gold. They were, for the most part, only after the really big heavy stuff in those big industrial mining areas!
I reckon I have found a nug or three they missed. As far as whether or not it is claimed up...No clue at this time.

~Nash~

Sixxgun

Greenie
Jul 10, 2007
Prineville,Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter tracker IV and White's Goldmaster

If you goto the Local Courthouses you can find out if it is or not I think BLM was another place to try my dad has a claim down near grants pass last summer he and a buddy pulled about a ounce and a half out of one hole in a weekend not bad most of the time he would get about 2-3 penny weight in a weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions