X-Terra 705
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coast40

Apr 3, 2015
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex Lite, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Fisher F2, TRXs, CarrotZ, Lesche diggers, Bobcat excavator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get a detector? I would get a detector with manual ground balance to handle the
wet sand.
So the wife and I are moving back to NW Oregon. looking for a place between Lincoln City and Astoria.
So what detectors are working in the sand there? I know it's not the puffy sand of the gulf/S Atlantic.

Looking forward to being home after 15 yrs.
HH

Scott

coast40

Apr 3, 2015
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex Lite, AT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Fisher F2, TRXs, CarrotZ, Lesche diggers, Bobcat excavator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see by your sig you have an X-Terra 705 and Whites GMT. Did you move to Oregon yet?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Either a White's TDI-SL or a V3i.
Personally I like the V3i for it's flexibility and discrimination capabilities.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Oregon has a lot of trash on its beaches, the best one I've found for it is a CZ, especially the CZ70 and the CZ3D. The Sov Elite works well at cancelling the salt/black sand, but not as well as the Fisher, and the Fisher has a more "knife blade" search configuration so it pinpoints way much better than the Sovereign. I know that some people use other detectors there, especially Whites, but they do not discriminate as well as the Fisher CZ. I have only seen one Minelab used there, mine... Minelabs are not very popular in Oregon because the soil is normally so nasty. Both Fishers and Whites were (made) for our soil here.. Tesoro 10 Khz detectors do (fairly) well on our Oregon salt/high black sand beaches.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread