Upper Umpqua and Sixes Rivers

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Howdy Hardrider-

Have you tried Lawson's bar, where Cow creek meets the umpqua? I think its exit 102.

Also, the old dump at Myrtle creek. Just downstream from the bridge on the east bank, produces good in spots. Try these spots on your way down or back sometime- good luck!

OP
OP
H

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
Hi Jeff,I take it your not talking about poverty flats across from the rv park...I checked out Lawsons bar and didn't find the right spot I guess.........I did do pretty good in one crack at poverty flats,next time not quite as well,took my highbanker down to Grave ck and did really well on a island in the ck...5 pickers and a gang of smaller stuff,Leslie and I were real pleased..

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Graves creek is like that... fines aplenty in the right spots.

I dunno if they call it poverty flats or not, but the area I was talking about is right at the bridge, not down by the RV park, and across the river. The cracks way up high out of the water pay really well, if you hit the right one.

The RV park is where we hit the good spot, but that was dredgin.

There is probably a ton of gold in that river between Myrtle creek and the RV park.

Jeff(or)

May 17, 2007
Hard rider, hope this helps, a few years back my hunting buddy called me one Saturday nite and said he had found a place to hunt for gold and had pulled out over an ounce of gold just using a gold pan, filling it and then taking down to the river and panning it out. And wanted to know if I had a gold detector and if I would go with him to this place the next day. I said yes, so we headed out the in the morning and went down the the Sixes river. We drove up the road that followed the river for about ten or twelve miles to a parking area and then waded across the river and folowed the north fork up about a half mile. He showed me a cut/wash in the bank on the east side and we followed that up about one hundred feet. We spent the day nugget hunting and did VERY well. I have'nt been back since. He also showed me an old ghost town there not to far from where we were hunting. Jeff

shd191

Jun 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yaa

Hi Jeff, I've just acquired a whites tdi and looking to join any expeditions. I looked at the google maps of your Sixes North Fork adventure and tried to figure out where ya'll would have wandered out to have "VERY" good luck finding nuggets. I'd be more interested also in exploring the old town you were shown, I'm sure some relics are out there just waiting to be re-discovered! Would you by chance share the GPS coordinates of the spot your buddy showed you? I couldn't quite figure out which "east side wash/cut" you spotted. Thanks! -Steven

Was it right here? 42.855515, -124.206085

Hard rider, hope this helps, a few years back my hunting buddy called me one Saturday nite and said he had found a place to hunt for gold and had pulled out over an ounce of gold just using a gold pan, filling it and then taking down to the river and panning it out. And wanted to know if I had a gold detector and if I would go with him to this place the next day. I said yes, so we headed out the in the morning and went down the the Sixes river. We drove up the road that followed the river for about ten or twelve miles to a parking area and then waded across the river and folowed the north fork up about a half mile. He showed me a cut/wash in the bank on the east side and we followed that up about one hundred feet. We spent the day nugget hunting and did VERY well. I have'nt been back since. He also showed me an old ghost town there not to far from where we were hunting. Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread