Cabins to rent, water to pan?

killaz

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I am looking to get my year old and wife out this year for a week of family time, as maybe a little gold hunting. Question is, does anyone know of any cabins or houses that could be rented for 5 days or so. Would love to get a cabin right on some water we could pan in. Any one have any ideas? Ohh I live in Portland, can will head east or south, which ever is better :). Thank you all!

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there are a bunch of different websites to check for vacation rentals that have pictures and you can call the owners and ask

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always went west. Rented a tent and found a campground by the streams. Never found gold but sure had some great family time. But we did not take panning for gold serious is was just a spur of moment thing. Once in High School one of the teacher took a class looking for gold and we found flakes by washing out the moss. I do not recall where it was. Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Hello all,
I am looking to get my year old and wife out this year for a week of family time, as maybe a little gold hunting. Question is, does anyone know of any cabins or houses that could be rented for 5 days or so. Would love to get a cabin right on some water we could pan in. Any one have any ideas? Ohh I live in Portland, can will head east or south, which ever is better :). Thank you all!
I'd head southwest to the Coquille/Coos Bay area. Coquille has some gold and some platinum which can be coaxed from the moss along the river. Coos Bay has some gold south along the coast. Right on the coast about 7-10 miles south is a bed of black sand which yielded quite a bit of gold, some platinum, iridium, osmium, palladium, and some other platinum-group elements. Look for the old townsite of Randolph.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread