Places in Central Oregon

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
most of the time David and I just hit the parks in the area. Some other t-netters came down from Sweet Home last week and joined us and we had a great time. I did let Tina know I had told you to call her about watching for a detector for you. You could always join the treasure club and have her give you a copy of the permit the club has for Cline Falls State Park too, that is good until Aug 10. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

Sixxgun

Greenie
Jul 10, 2007
Prineville,Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter tracker IV and White's Goldmaster
You have to have permits now for TH'ing ?? or is that for state parks?

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I will tell you guys what...I will let you in on a little place that I know of. Last time I detected it was like 5 years ago but it ALWAYS produced tons of coins. Go out to Crooked River Ranch, follow the road down into the canyon where the golf course is. There is an RV park on the right side. In the campground, there is a "tent area"...basically a big giant grass circle where people play volleyball and camp with tents and there is a small playground there too. Lots of good finds came from there and it gets restocked every year! It is best to hit it in late fall though when all the tent campers are gone so you have full run of the field. Good Luck :)

Gold_Needle

Jun 21, 2005
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there was any productive mining or placer panning in Central Oregon?

I hear about things tot he south and to the coast but nothing about the central part of Oregon as to gold or mines.

Thanks
GN

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
In the Ochocos there are a few areas....some mines on the old maps in the area of scissor creek. We have a treasure club that meets the second Weds of each month ( met tonight in fact) where there are several very knowledgable people regarding prospecting in the area.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
I was just in Redmond today, brought my detector too, but didn't get a chance to stop and swing. Saw a few places I'd like to try between here and there though. :)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
eathan said:
I was just in Redmond today, brought my detector too, but didn't get a chance to stop and swing. Saw a few places I'd like to try between here and there though. :)

I know you were in Redmond Eathan! lol You came to see me! :P I just happen to be Cyndi from Jobe Wholesale! Next time plan the trip so we can go play with detectors while you are here! It was great to get to meet you. Give me a call if there is anything else you need!

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Small world :)

Sounds good! Will have to plan for a little more time next time out. Have to remember jumper cables too... ;)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL that might help! Next time I will just let you keep mine...I have several sets! :P Hope to see ya again soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread