Dolph, Oregon

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Questions, how would I find the owner of this Ghost Town?? Last I heard Pub Paper Co. owned it. Would be an interesting spot to hunt, if one could locate the owner. Here's a pic and the linky it came from.
http://photos.salemhistory.org/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/max&CISOPTR=4384&REC=13

Also up the road, just before Castle rock, was a gas station(I think it sold gas), on the left. Mostly gone now, just a wide spot to pull over. Then as you round the Castle Rock bend, off to the left down by the river, there used to be a house or houses. Nothing there now.
Rick(my Ex) used to point out places all over Tillamook County, that he knew about. He said his Grampa took him to the remains of an old Fort. Older than the Grand Ronde fort. Bert Hudson was the Indian Agent there way back, he passed in 1979 at 100.He's in the pioneer Books.
Just trying to pass on the History told to me.

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,005

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
My first stop would be with the tax assessor's office....they would know who pays the taxes for that piece of property. Good luck! Let us know what you find out....sounds like a fascinating place! Oh....and by the way....Lucas truly IS a treasure! What a doll! :D

OP
OP
stoneseeker2003

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Thanks Mac.
I did read the article.
I grew up in Tillamook county. Garibaldi.
This spot still facinates me! For me, it's one of those"I wish I'd have known then what I know now", things that just stay with you.

My other is the Cave,along the Yaquina River. Now blocked by a HUGE log and back fill.

Oh ,to be a kid again, with a metal detector!!

Thanks again for the link, fun reading.

OP
OP
stoneseeker2003

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
I spent an hour on Google Earth last night, pin pointing Dolph. Had to follow Hwy 22 (Hebo Rd)till it forks at the Nestucca River.
The fork in the road, on the left. The Big spot with a round shadow is where I remember the buildings. Dolph. I can remember this from 1964-1970.
Now I see they got a Dolph junction, it never ends,lol.
Happy Hunting to all............

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself and another Tneter Are talking of hunting this erea as well
give me a line and we can set some plans.
I have some info on this town but probabaly no more than you
I linve in Lincoln County
Ima

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have a some info about this one, or a very similar one. It'll take a bit to dig it up though...

OP
OP
stoneseeker2003

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Jeffro,lol. If anyone can find something on Dolph, it'll be you. Wish I knew more about detecting. Researching and such. If you go. get pics. ;D

Ima, I'm still waiting for you to go hunt the other side of the Bridge at Kernville,lol. ;)

I wish I had the gumption that most folks have on this forum! To get out and try! I'm lucky to get outside on my days off(BPD).

I know a little about some spots here in Oregon. Been here most of my life.

Good luck hunting!
If I ever get a day off with Tigger John,I'm gonna go get skunked again.
Maggie

PS. We learn some history everyday, if we listen. Share and pass on what we know. What fun is a secret if you can't tell someone! Maybe it nothing, but then again..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread