any big foot believers out there

hard rider

Feb 12, 2007
OH-BOY,THIS SHOULD BE GOOD,ME PERSONALLY DON'T THINK SO,JUST FOR THE FACT,THERE WOULD BE ONE SHOT BY NOW,BUT,MY WIFE IS A FIRM BELIEVER,WITH HER OWN TAILS OF BIGFOOT,THE BIGGEST FOOT TRACK I'VE SEEN IS MY OWN,SIZE-12...................

nsimeone2000

Jan 12, 2008
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Most of the time, when there is a sighting, its a Black bear with mange. I guess it would be easy to believe in Bigfoot since seeing a black bear is such a rare occasion too.

Me personally, I don't believe in them. I think its a figment of the imagination.

We also have a lot of rednecks that are super hairy, they could probably pass as Bigfoot.

I thought Bigfoot was sighted in Alaska though, the one sighting we had in Oregon was definitely a bear.

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
Well for one I am still on the fence. People all over the place have seen "Something" big on two feet and smelly. OK..........if 10%lie,20%mis IDed,10 % were drunk, and 10% were half asleep while driving home what did the other 50% really see. I am not ready to close the book yet. If you think about it regardless of what some folks say there are millions of wilderness areas in the US ad Canada that could hide this critter. The Native Americans have there legand's about them. And they have had a long time to learn to stay away from "MEN". Just my take on the Bigfoot.

GunRunner

Mar 7, 2004
LaPine, OR
This is not going to sound very optimistic but with 30 + years of hunting, fishing, MD'ing and backpacking in some of the most rugged areas of Oregon I have not seen anything bigger than a black bear. Personally until I have something solid to go on it will stay a legend, or myth for me.

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know about Bigfoot, I just really pay attention to big cat sign when I am out and about in the Oregon woods. Since we have not been allowed to hunt these big kitties with dogs they have been becoming less afraid of us Bi-peds.

Stryker

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's an awful lot of super old old legends, which makes ya wonder, are they real??? big foot, I do believe it does exist... and I also believe in the Jersey devil...

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Never saw one, but about 20 years ago I spent 2 weeks in the beautiful
Bob Marshall Wilderness in northern Montana. Big, lonely country. One
night the whole camp was asleep when we heard this god-awful half
scream, half roar that just made you sit up out of a dead sleep, with your
hair standing on end , while you fumble around in the dark reaching for a
shootin'-iron. This call came twice & it wasn't a mountain lion & it surely
wasn't an elk bugling. The next morning I asked a couple of the professional guides & the ones that heard it said they had no idea what it was. They
too said it wasn't a lion or an elk, not even a spike bull. From the sound of it,
not one of us who had spent time in the 'big woods' were about to go looking
around for it.

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
:) I personally won't believe it till I see one or their is truthfull evidence from a credible source. I've lived in Oregon all my life and have never seen one and have worked with a fellow who claimed he and another guy started the rumor.
That was thirty years ago and he has passed away now. :)
If there was one he would look like this...
Bigfoot.jpg

Attachments

• Bigfoot.jpg
    Bigfoot.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,434

elric1911

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2007
well... the existance of apes in africa wasn't proven until 1902 and pandas were thought to be mythical creatures until 1937, it is entirely possible that there is a group of reclusive primates living in the pacific northwest wilderness. there are a lot of trees they can hide behind. i've never seen one, but i don't discount the possibility.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
I saw something when I was a kid while canoeing on a high Cascades lake. Looked like it was watching us from just inside the tree line on the bank, but I also have an active imagination, so who knows...

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
in 40 yrs of hunting I have seen some strange things...but never ever any evidence for bigfoot..

however.............

lots of evidence for and against this animal ...I am in the middle of the fence also...could it be
out there...maybe...

lots of misidentification on this animal...so hopefully one day it will be solved

HH

caz

GunRunner

Mar 7, 2004
LaPine, OR
At this point I will have to see a body - or see a Bigfoot functioning in it's natural habitat IE. eating, browsing (much like I see Elk and Deer). A blurry picture or video of it running off is not enough for me.

GOZENTO

Jul 20, 2006
To the guy who said he never saw any thing bigger than a bear. Think about this, there are thousands of bears roaming the forrest how many are spotted by people driving around in remote locations.
I to have roamed and hunted the forests in northern California and Oregon and I have never seen a bear. So if there are Bigfoot type creatures out there see how hard it would be to spot one.
I was hunting with my father in northern California and arrived at our hunting site late one evening
and went for a little hike up a small incline to a trail running atop of a ridge it was muddy and misty. the path had some deer tracks. I walked along it for a short distance and then returned to my camp site. the next morning I again returned to the path. This time there were very large bare foot prints on top of my tracks I followed them and they went for a short distance then they turned and went down the steep hillside toward a deep canyon I didn't follow. I was in a very isolated area with no close contact with other people. You tell me what made the tracks? Don from Oregon

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT
:) Hi Gozento, you can make a replica of what you saw while it is still fresh in your memory.

Pick a spot on the ground, say 2' X 2' and clear the sod down to the soil and level the area, then put about 2 " of sand in the area and level it. (or use any container for the sand)

Place your foot print in the sand then from memory duplicate what you saw on the ground that day and be as accurate as possible.

Then get some plaster of paris and mix it up and gently pour it into the depressions you have created.

Let it setup to a hardness, then gently lift the hardened plaster up and you have a
replica of what you saw that day.

Who knows, maybe you have seen some evidence. LOL :)
(lots of luck)

GunRunner

Mar 7, 2004
LaPine, OR
I to have roamed and hunted the forests in northern California and Oregon and I have never seen a bear.
But you do agree, in fact, bears exist even though you have never seen one in the woods? I'm sure you have been to a zoo, or seen them groping for fish on the rivers in Alaska on the Discovery channel or seen a mount of one in the Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro shop or Cabela's store you may have been to. I have never seen the Pyramids of Egypt but I believe they exist due to the preponderance of evidence that suggests they do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread