May 1, 2008

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I had not heard of the rock creek mines....what county is it listed in and maybe I can come up with a bit more for you on it. Welcome to Tnet...so glad you decided to join us!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
You are oh so very welcome...glad you are here. I will look over the list tomorrow if I have time and compare it to what I have...might take some time since my list is by county but I might be able to find a county map so I can get an idea if any of them match up. Would be fun to see what we can come up with! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

danny1987

May 1, 2008
wow thank you very much!

lol, if i strike it rich i well let you in on it!

i also well do alot more studding with what resources i have.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
pm sent with what info I did find....wish it was more! Good luck and happy hunting! :icon_sunny:

lgadbois

Mar 20, 2003
There are many places throughout the West that are named Rock Creek. There is a Rock Creek (or Rockcreek) in NW Oregon in Washington County, but it is not the location of the Rock Creek Mine. The treasure guide that lists it's location is incorrect.

Rock Creek was a popular stop on the Oregon Trail. It was located just West of the Idaho/Oregon border in Baker County, about 14 miles NW of Baker. There never was much of a community. I do not know the location of the Rock Creek Mines, but it is most likely further NW toward the Elkhorn Mountains. The areas around Baker City and Sumpter have been quite productive for the last 100 years, and there still are active claims in the area. Some prospecting with a metal detector could prove sucessful in the search for gold nuggets.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
David and I sure had a good time at the GPAA/LDMA outting over close to Baker at the Blue Bucket claim they have! We lived in that area when I was very little and I still remember Dad taking me out with him panning. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
D

danny1987

May 1, 2008
I was going to hike up there next weekend, but we supposedly have a storm blowing in. So maybe the weekend after?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
doggone weather never cooperates! >:( Be careful, have lots of fun, and bring back lots of goodies so we have pics to drool over! lol

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol had totally forgotten that...when you write a book make sure I am listed as one of your research assistants! :wink:

OP
OP
D

danny1987

May 1, 2008
Damn! This weather is heartless! And to top it off there is no end in sight....

Texas Gld

May 31, 2007
Powers,Oregon
danny1987 said:
Im back. Im going to keep the results classified until i can prove it. :thumbsup:
There was Claim on Rock Creek that runs into the South Fork of The Coquille River.Claim was held by the same man for 40 yrs.He pulled out in his early 70,s and gave the Forest Serv, permission to burn his cabin & clear it off. The area is now a Forest Serv. Park.I just located the side strata of a layer of Blue-Clay there late Sat.(4/12"below the top-Zip) Going back today, to check from the top down. (Good-Luck on your venture!)

Jreiber

Dec 17, 2012
There used to be a cabin up past the rock ceeek campground. Nothing left now though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread