just moved up to roseburg

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
hi all, just moved up from the gold country in California,( jackson,ca) i used to do a lot of panning when i was younger, but did,NT get out to much in latter years because of work, anyway i notaced people panning on dole rd up hear ,so i thought it would be fun ,boy was i right , i brought out some good memories of simpler times in my life, also i took my wife with me she had never panned before , and she took to it like a duck to water, i thank she had a better time then i did , anyway did,NT get much gold but i got a little coler in every pan, all in all a very good day..

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Sweet! Sounds like a great day indeed! Welcome to Oregon and oh so very glad that you got to get out and bring back some memories and even get your wife involved! Sounds like she is gonna be good at it! :thumbsup:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Glad to hear it! There is still good color down there even though it's been dredged to death. Every now and then someone hits a good pocket that hasn't been hit before. Panning the banks can show real good color in spots, also. Try across the way below the bridge at Myrtle creek. Thats where the old dump was, and it wasn't hit back in the old days. Still nice cracks loaded with nuggies and flakes there, if you find the right one. :wink:

OP
OP
M

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
thanks guys for the info, i moved up hear becouse my father is getting older and i whanted to be closer to him , but now that im up hear i wish i had come to oregon 10 years ago.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I am sure your dad is very glad you are closer....sounds like you have some time to make up for! Ten years eh? :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread