I CAN,T BELIVE HOW NICE AND TRUSTING PEAPLE ARE

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
well me and the wife was down on dole rd panning yesterday, not getting much just a little cooler but having a real good time, when this old timer came over to see how we were doing and if it would bother us if he set up 50 ft away, we told him no , the more the marry-er, well after a while we started to talk about prospecting and i asked him if Head ever saw what raw platinum looked like , he said yes and went up to his car and brought down his poke, about an ounce of gold and id guess about two ounces of platinum hear was a guy i just meet a half hour ago showing me 3000 dollars in his hand ,talk about total trust, he also was willing to shere his experience about gold , to say the lest it was refreshing to be around someone like that , where i grew up and in the time i grew up it always seemed there was someone around that was willing to teach you some thing if you wanted to learn it, but to day were so guarded we don, t trust anybody we don,t know are nabers , we've become so cynical , it,s just nice to see that the whole world is,nt like that..

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
So true. Ive met a few people like that and its few and far between. I think we all feel that in this line of hobby 95% of us are real and true people.

LT

Dec 4, 2008
Roseburg - Riddle, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
myself being a every day dole road guy, i can honeslty say everyone that goes there is very cool, we will show you good spots, let you use tools, ect. its all about the experience for a majority of us.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Now 8 years later how do you all feel?

Last edited:

Goldfinger450

Aug 28, 2017
Central Oregon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, people have changed a bit since I was young, the Old, Old timers are mostly gone, one such Gent was in the Paradise/Chico California area that I lived in for a while, he was an Expert at Pocket hunting for Gold, Taught me to do it, Boy was I lucky to meet him, the guy had to be good at finding Gold as he had SIX homes with families in each that he was the breadwinner for, Yeah, Hehe, anyway he helped me find my first pocket, $$81,000 in the first pocket, was glad to split with him and there were two More pockets under the first which he helped dig out. Trusting someone goes Both ways. When he passed I was happy to go to his funeral and met all his family, HUGE Family structure that invited me to dinner after the services, they all seemed to like each other and get along.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread