This New Detector Pro Pirate is a dam good machine for the Money

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ace 250, And this Used Detector pro Pirate wich i bought for beach and land use. The machine is built into the headset.It has a volume and Disc knob on the headset thats it .The headset is water resistant and the detector works pretty good in the water.Today went to park and found 3.00 in coins and a few tokens and one little nike charm.Battery life is 50 hours on 2 nine volts. Real easy and acurrate to use much more than my ace as far as targeting. Any way just wanted to pass the info on to those who want a land and beach machine thats reasonable and works real good.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 856
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 860
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 826
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i own this machine.bought new as an intro machine for water hunting when im on vaca. turns out vaca is about the only time i use it.no real beaches around here its all municipal swimmin pools. works decent. the waterproofing over the foam padding of the earcup on the headset is weak. after only 30 or 40 hours of use it has seperated and the foam of the earcup is showing. im going to try tying a short cord around my neck when in the water so just in case it falls off my head it wont get dunked. cause i cant see how to make the headset waterproof again. also i dont like the way any of the rain sheilds on my more expensive units work at certain angles or wind. some moisture is gonna contact my expensive machines. so if u like wet hunting, or just GOTTA GO IN BAD WEATHER. ie drove along way to hunt somewhere.or your ocasional RAIN OR SHINE PLANTED HUNTS.IS PERFECT FOR. i really think the guts in the headset is the way to go IF UR ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN U WONT BE NEEDING TO GO COMPLETELY UNDER WATER.probly no good in the surf either. someday if i move closer to a beach area i would PROB upgrade to one of headhunters USA MADE UNITS.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya its not bad decent for the price good on dry sand and wet sand too .Real nice at parks too

ohiograndpa

May 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got a pirate.what's the average depth you guys get with yours.. I have only air tested it..

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probably like 6 inches decent depth

LX Kid

Jul 14, 2009
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, M/Lab Xtera-70, B/Hunter ID , Tesoro Stingray II, Tesoro Tiger Shark, MXT, Eagle II SL, + Others
Does anyone know if their any differance between the Pirate and the Wader as far as performance? The Wader has an extra knob which is the "Sensitivity!" Thanks

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i would doubt if its much different. usually a company has a basic circuit. then they add bells and whistles to up the price. i think the difference u would notice would be fit and finish. izzit worth th xtra money? ea person decides 4 himself. i would thinkthe usa made model hasbetter headset.i just bought becuz i liked the concept. ive seen too many water hunters have problems with the u water seal and oops ..its junk

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
I've had mine for a year and a half now....

and absolutely love my Pirate! You don't have to live near a beach to be able to use this wader. I live in south-central Arkansas, and my buddy and I find the old "country swimmin holes" on the local streams and small rivers....... especially for cooled-down summer hunts! As the water drops in the streams during the summer months, we hit the places where the folks have been swimmin for years and years and years! Here's a picture of the stuff I've found this summer..... minus a few little silver rings my grand neices talked me out of!

Attachments

• DetecProStuff.jpg
    DetecProStuff.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 501
OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dam thats some pretty good stuff congrats. I gota hit some water holes. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread