The NEW XP is here

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are getting a pattern here. The first couple of owners who grey imported into the States last year never managed to get round to any in ground tests and even after XP discounted some machines to raise the visability of the brand on the U.S. market again all has gone silent.

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.K. Brian said:
We are getting a pattern here. The first couple of owners who grey imported into the States last year never managed to get round to any in ground tests and even after XP discounted some machines to raise the visability of the brand on the U.S. market again all has gone silent.

Silence is a sign of satisfaction or we can always hope so. :laughing9:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U.K. Brian said:

Sounds like you’re basing a lot of conjecture on five detectors that were sold at a discounted price to American buyers. No wonder the US market has gone silent – they’re out hunting! :icon_sunny:

For the time being, XP does not have a presence in the US market; they simply have an internet based US distributor that is selling the machine for way more than most people are willing to pay for it here. They did try to get the ball rolling last year when they quietly began offering the Deus to American buyers at a discount. The discount was enough to put the Deus in the same price range as the Etrac and V3i (probably where it should be). However, that discounted price happened to be about 900 (US) dollars less than what they sell for in the UK. It all hit the fan on the UK forums when they found out about the price difference. XP’s response was to immediately end the “American discount.” One of the forum regulars posted that he had spoken via email to the owner of XP. The owner, Alain, (who is said to be a decent guy) told him that he had only sold five units at the discounted price in an attempt to generate some interest in the American market. He also stated that the cheaper price was no longer available. At the same time, they started offering the Deus through their US distributor for $2,299.00. The new price is very likely the reason that the US market has gone silent. How many people would be willing to pay $800.00 more for a Deus than they would for an Etrac? How about $1050.00 more than they would pay for an F75LTD or $1250.00 more than they would pay for a T2SE? XP is probably not ready to jump into the US market. The fact that they DO have a distributor here is a good sign that they will do so in the future. When that time comes they will have to adjust the price to make it more competitive with other offerings here. Until then, things will probably stay pretty quiet.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have suggested that people will not pay $800 more for a Deus over an Explorer. Why not ? Is it because of the posts that it will be as deep as the Explorer when the new coil comes ? Well the new coil came and in my area no improvement what so ever no doubt due to the extra pickup area causing more problems with mineralisation.

If people think painting a stripe down the middle of their car and adding alloy wheels makes it go faster then good luck buy a Deus. The rest will think that the price should offer something new rather than the wireless coil gimmick. The first wireless coil came out twenty/twenty five years back. It didn't make much impression.

For those who want to save money the Goldbug DP is very near in depth and you would have a pile of money left over to buy say a really good beach machine. Or get a Fisher F75 Ltd or Blisstool LTCX64 V.2. The Neptune was demonstrated a few months back on a well detected site little bigger than a tennis court after XP's, Minelab, Tesoro etc used and located over forty Roman coins that the other detectors had missed. Seems they use a slightly different approach to filtering which allowed better ferrous/non ferrous I.D. There's a distinct silence on reporting those who have "upgraded" from the early XP flagship Goldmaxx and Power models to the Deus and been slightly disappointed. I found the Deus to be better than both these and the GMaxx models but there has to be more care and thought involved because if settings are not correct its easier leave good items in the soil.

If writing a report on a new detector, especially if its going to be used in a different country looking for very different items, then both good and bad should be published. Also consider the coil situation. I assume that the wireless circuit in the coils will have been patented which will restrict third party developers. There's very limited sizes at the moment and without competition then the prices are likely to remain higher than all the other brands on the market (except Nexus who write their own rules on large coil prices).

Funny you should mention the upset over U.K. prices. If they were that worried they should have bought one through Germany. Much cheaper for those in Britain and the U.S. The last place to buy a detector is Britain unless they are desperate to try and get a machine selling. Look round Europe and you could get both a good discount and a longer warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread