The NEW XP is here

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting comcept. Wonder if all the extra radio waves and electrical interference will affect the signal response in the headphones. We have enough trouble with cell phones bothering some detectors now.........

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
No, the signal response is ULTRA sharp, and you have 36 frequencies now instead of the old 2 to choose from, so no problems at rallies.
Oh, and recovery has been made fully adjustable, from slow right upto 3 to 5 times FASTER than a GoldMaxx Power, which was the fastest recovering detector anyway.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is the one that will give the E Traq a run for it's money :dontknow: looks very good, will have to have a look at one of these :)

SS

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
It´s the mutts nuts

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I have never heard of this name brand machine...looks kind of like a minelab somewhat..How much does one cost? Is it available here in the US? When it is collapsed it reminds me of Star Trek Enterprise....................Hope that does not offend anyone, Tim

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
It´s a French built machine,about the top selling brand in Europe. But they haven´t been sold commercially in the USA as the machines are fitted with wireless transmitters (Even the old ones ) for the headphones, which weren´t FCC certified, so only a few were privately imported. I don´t know yet if this one will eventually be FCC certified, but they´ll certainly have thier work cut out getting the units out just to fill the orders for the European market in the forseable future.
Everything on it is wireless, including the coil, and it only weighs 875 gramms complete, 975 gramms if you fit the large remote control to the main stem (You can leave it at home and just use the small one on the ear phones if you wish)
HH Ray

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
bigtim1973 said:
About how much does this cost?
£ 1395.00 Stirling
or about € 1500.00 Euro
Including wireless Headphones and all remotes, all chargers etc.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well because of our falling economy and the dollar being laid to waste because our government sold us out to every other country outside the USA........that means that this machine will be somewhere between 2200 to 2500 US dollars!!!!! Yikes!!!! That one will have to be put on hold for me but, I read somewhere that these are not allowed here in the US because of the frequency it runs on. I do not know why that is but I am sure this company could comprimise a new frequency to operate for US costomers, Tim

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the bright side bigtim. In a few years foreign companies will be sending jobs here. Can't wait for Indians to complain about getting people with American accents for tech support and customer service.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original XP's did not have the transmitter built onto the circuit board and so you can import them if you want. Most will not want to because the ground conditions tend to be hotter in the States and the machines just don't work that well on bad ground.

I've both low and high frequency XP's for sale on UK forums at the moment as I've moved on. There's nothing the XP's will do in the U.S. that the T2/F75 will not do better with a better warranty and you will gain a meter for those who like them.

If anyone is thinking of a private import of the new machine then consider what happens when the coil transmitter battery needs replacing.

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
If anyone is thinking of a private import of the new machine then consider what happens when the coil transmitter battery needs replacing.
They need replacing after about 1000 recharges, and have a run time of 10 hours per run time (Lithium batteries, so practically no self discharge), which means probably about 5 or 6 years between battery changes, which a dealer could do for you. In Europe this costs about 60.00 Euro´s.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
Look at the bright side bigtim. In a few years foreign companies will be sending jobs here. Can't wait for Indians to complain about getting people with American accents for tech support and customer service.

You got that right!!! We Americans will be working in slave labor camps ran by the new world order group speaking to our bosses in a poor form of their native language!!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was quoted £50 for a battery replacement and coil reseal and though the figures you quote sound good they have not been born out in real life yet and the frequent recalls on this type of cells have cost companies like Sony a small fortune.

The unique drawback of these cells is that their lifespan is dependant on date of manufacture not date of first charge and the number of charge cycles.
Heat has a very bad effect on battery life. There was a report on battery life dropping 20% per year in hot regions and we don't know the specific type of battery used but many have a safety mechanism built in and if its of this type this provides a further constant drain and if the internal charge drops below a certain level it prevents recharge.

My normal searching period is 6 to 8 hours so a recharge would be needed after every hunt to guarantee the next days detecting. While there's some justification for wireless headphones for those who like to put a detector down when digging how much trouble does a wire from coil to control box really cause ?

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Batteries will be from the same family series as those in the WS1/2/3 headphones I should think, and those have proved themselves to be very reliable.
The reason for getting rid of the coil cable were many fold, not least in that the cable and it´s joint as the cause of 99.9% of problems on machines (Cable gets snagged, or people step on the point where the cable enters the coil), also the weight of the lithium battery and transmitter is less than that of the heavy duty cable. The whole detector weighs just 875 gramms, 975 gramms if you have the large remote fitted.
But no one is forcing you to buy one Brian, or anyone else for that matter.if you don´t want one, don´t buy it, simple.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rayredditch said:
Batteries will be from the same family series as those in the WS1/2/3 headphones I should think, and those have proved themselves to be very reliable.
The reason for getting rid of the coil cable were many fold, not least in that the cable and it´s joint as the cause of 99.9% of problems on machines (Cable gets snagged, or people step on the point where the cable enters the coil), also the weight pf the lithium batteryy and transmitter is less than that of the heavy duty cable. The whole detector weighs just 875 gramms, 75 gramms if you have the large remote fitted.
But no one is forcing you to buy one Brian, or anyone else for that matter.if you don´t want one, don´t buy it, simple.
I agree Ray..... Wireless headphones are way better, I have lost count the ammount of money I have spent on the wired type, they all break down eventually. All future new machines will incorperate wireless technology eventually, it's just the way to go.

SS

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry I'm not going to buy one as within a few months there will be the standard re chipping required as with the Goldmaxx and Goldmaxx Power.

In forty years I've had to cut coil cables back twice and refit the connector and each time it was on a chest mount machine. You bent over to dig and it would put pressure at the point where the coil connected to the control box.

Why not push the machine when its proved itself? Gimmicks will not make up for performance when it comes down to it.

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
I think you just put forward another good reason for not having a cable LOL
By the way, Regtons got one in yesterday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread