Nautilus BMCIIb
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bugar

Nautilus BMCIIb

Well when you want a relic detector, this is the one, can be fine tuned for whatever, and is very good on current coins too, 8 knobs, 4 toggle switches, 1 push button, but really simple to set up, actually almost turn on and go, can hunt in all metal and discrimination at the same time, or either one separately, 4 lb 14 oz, gets depths that others wish for, Winner of GNRS 3 out of 4 yr, excellent machine, rugged beyond belief, it is like comparing a backhoe to a earthmover when it comes to depth and relics, OH Yeah, I really like mine , Just my humble opinion 8)

Dec 2005
    USA
    3 times

Re: Nautilus BMCIIb

Hello there Bugar, sounds like you got a good machine there. How long have you had it?
    I have two that I have had for several years now and they still pick out a dime from 9 to
    12 inches. My first one is a DMC and the other is a DMC 11.
    We had a couple of bad thunderstorms come through my area this past summer and lightning
    struck my phone lines and knocked them out along with my PC modem three different times.
    I got tired of buying new modems so I began unplugging my phone lines when going to bed or
    leaving home. When I got out my detectors to use this fall neither one would work, so I called
    Nautilus home shop for repair and they told me most likely when the lightning knocked out my phone the current also traveled through the coils of my detectors and knocked out a resister in each one. I sent them in for repair and sure enough that's what happened.
    So if you store your machine in the closet or anywhere for that matter be sure to unscrew the cable that runs from the coil to the box, that way if you have bad thunder storms the lightning can't
    knock out any resisters in your machine.
    I guess That's the price I have to pay for having such powerful machines.
    Other than that I have had no problems with them. 8)
    HH
    SS

Life is too short to be grumpy always look at the silver lining, and stay focused.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Bugar

Re: Nautilus BMCIIb/ thanks for the heads up on lightning

Never thought about it, have had many detectors since 75, but was realy impressed with the Nautilus as i used to build machinery and appreciate the toughness and efficiency, and like i said it's like a industrial machine.
    I got mine on Nov 11, only got bout 5 hr in, and have had heart surgery, will be back out soon, was really impressed as to how it lets you know what all is in the ground, junk trash and good stuff at all the same time, lets you decide for yourself, and was actually very easy to learn, Later
    Boog

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Don't know if you're still out there Bugar but if you are, how's it going for you? Do you still like your IIB?

I plan to get one myself very soon. I use and really like Tesoro but since I've never owned the IIB I just have to try it out.

Badger

"Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

ferrouser

Don't forget the DMC-4B at a lower frequency of 4kHz-its deeper in
    bad ground.

us
    youtube.com/c/BigCypressSwamp

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    3154 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

There is a Nautilus on E-bay right now. Is this model any good? age?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NAUTILUS-LF-Meta...QQcmdZViewItem

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Quote Originally Posted by bigcypresshunter
    There is a Nautilus on E-bay right now. Is this model any good? age?
    I'll check with Bugar and direct him over here to answer your question.

Badger

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

I left a message for Bugar and posted a question on another forum but meanwhile I'll say that what I'm hearing is the Nautilus LF is an old but good machine.

How good I couldn't say since I've never owned or used one. But I do know Nautilus and they have always made great detectors.

However, I wouldn't pay too much for that one on ebay. Maybe $75 to $150 max. That's just my opinion.

Badger

John n Washington

Does anyone who owns a Nautilus detector and is experienced have test results of max depth on various targets in a test bed? I'd like to compare the Nautilus to some of the other detectors that also claim great depth. Not that your Nautilus doesn't perform well -- but would like to have some quantitative numbers. Anyone?

john

us

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    3154 times

Quote Originally Posted by bigcypresshunter
    There is a Nautilus on E-bay right now.
    I'm not bidding, if anyone wants it. There is one bid.

wheelgunner1

Just wanted to correct the model!

Its a DMC-11-b!

No big deal!

NOTHING BEATS A GREY GHOST FOR DEPTH!!!!

wheelgunner i

us

Dec 2004
    South Florida
    3154 times

Kellyco now sells Nautilus.

Oct 2004
    East Tennessee
    18 times

I have a IIB and love it. Different from any detector you have ever used for sure. If you live near me they are not any good do not get one. .

May 2005
    Hampton Roads VA
    Minelab Explorer2
    30 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Im curious in the balance of these, they weigh in pretty heavy 4.5 pounds, but if the balance is good that could make it tolerable. I have been looking at these and the tesoro tejon.

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    152 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

After being a loyal Garret enthusiast and owning 3, also 2 BH products I just ordered a Nautilus DMCIIBa from Dixie Metal Detectors in Missouri. I got the 8" coil and free shipping along with earphones, zippered tote bag and a coil cover thrown in for $615.00. Kellyco wanted $660.00 with a bunch of free worthless junk "gifts". I have ordered from Kellyco in the past and told them to keep their junk and went ahead and bought extras that I really needed from other sources. I was bent on buying a high dollar Minelab until I did a lot of extensive study on Nautilus equipment and decided for the money, the Nautilus was a better deal! About half price. I don't ever recall reading a bad comment about a Nautilus detector. everyone that has one just raves about them. I haven't seen a manual and I was wondering how it pinpoints...if it does, never seen it mentioned in the evaluations. Maybe some of you owners can help me out and share some information? Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links