Nautilus BMCIIb

B

Bugar

Well when you want a relic detector, this is the one, can be fine tuned for whatever, and is very good on current coins too, 8 knobs, 4 toggle switches, 1 push button, but really simple to set up, actually almost turn on and go, can hunt in all metal and discrimination at the same time, or either one separately, 4 lb 14 oz, gets depths that others wish for, Winner of GNRS 3 out of 4 yr, excellent machine, rugged beyond belief, it is like comparing a backhoe to a earthmover when it comes to depth and relics, OH Yeah, I really like mine :), Just my humble opinion 8)

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Hello there Bugar, sounds like you got a good machine there. How long have you had it?
I have two that I have had for several years now and they still pick out a dime from 9 to
12 inches. My first one is a DMC and the other is a DMC 11.
We had a couple of bad thunderstorms come through my area this past summer and lightning
struck my phone lines and knocked them out along with my PC modem three different times.
I got tired of buying new modems so I began unplugging my phone lines when going to bed or
leaving home. When I got out my detectors to use this fall neither one would work, so I called
Nautilus home shop for repair and they told me most likely when the lightning knocked out my phone the current also traveled through the coils of my detectors and knocked out a resister in each one. I sent them in for repair and sure enough that's what happened.
So if you store your machine in the closet or anywhere for that matter be sure to unscrew the cable that runs from the coil to the box, that way if you have bad thunder storms the lightning can't
knock out any resisters in your machine.
I guess That's the price I have to pay for having such powerful machines.
Other than that I have had no problems with them. 8)
HH
SS

OP
OP
B

Bugar

Re: Nautilus BMCIIb/ thanks for the heads up on lightning

Never thought about it, have had many detectors since 75, but was realy impressed with the Nautilus as i used to build machinery and appreciate the toughness and efficiency, and like i said it's like a industrial machine.
I got mine on Nov 11, only got bout 5 hr in, and have had heart surgery, will be back out soon, was really impressed as to how it lets you know what all is in the ground, junk trash and good stuff at all the same time, lets you decide for yourself, and was actually very easy to learn, Later :)
Boog

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know if you're still out there Bugar but if you are, how's it going for you? Do you still like your IIB?

I plan to get one myself very soon. I use and really like Tesoro but since I've never owned the IIB I just have to try it out.

Badger

F

ferrouser

Don't forget the DMC-4B at a lower frequency of 4kHz-its deeper in
bad ground.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I left a message for Bugar and posted a question on another forum but meanwhile I'll say that what I'm hearing is the Nautilus LF is an old but good machine.

How good I couldn't say since I've never owned or used one. But I do know Nautilus and they have always made great detectors.

However, I wouldn't pay too much for that one on ebay. Maybe $75 to $150 max. That's just my opinion.

Badger

J

John n Washington

Does anyone who owns a Nautilus detector and is experienced have test results of max depth on various targets in a test bed? I'd like to compare the Nautilus to some of the other detectors that also claim great depth. Not that your Nautilus doesn't perform well -- but would like to have some quantitative numbers. Anyone?

john

W

wheelgunner1

Just wanted to correct the model!

Its a DMC-11-b!

No big deal!

NOTHING BEATS A GREY GHOST FOR DEPTH!!!!

wheelgunner i

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I have a IIB and love it. Different from any detector you have ever used for sure. If you live near me they are not any good do not get one. ;D.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im curious in the balance of these, they weigh in pretty heavy 4.5 pounds, but if the balance is good that could make it tolerable. I have been looking at these and the tesoro tejon.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After being a loyal Garret enthusiast and owning 3, also 2 BH products I just ordered a Nautilus DMCIIBa from Dixie Metal Detectors in Missouri. I got the 8" coil and free shipping along with earphones, zippered tote bag and a coil cover thrown in for $615.00. Kellyco wanted $660.00 with a bunch of free worthless junk "gifts". I have ordered from Kellyco in the past and told them to keep their junk and went ahead and bought extras that I really needed from other sources. I was bent on buying a high dollar Minelab until I did a lot of extensive study on Nautilus equipment and decided for the money, the Nautilus was a better deal! About half price. I don't ever recall reading a bad comment about a Nautilus detector. everyone that has one just raves about them. I haven't seen a manual and I was wondering how it pinpoints...if it does, never seen it mentioned in the evaluations. Maybe some of you owners can help me out and share some information? Monty

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
Monty I think you will love it. I got a 11ba a few weeks ago so I'm still learning but it pinpoints perfectly. I put an orange dot in the center of the coil and after Xing using the disc. beep its always dead on. If you even get near a coin less than 6 inches deep, it will scream at you. I've used garrets for thirty years but lately they just gather dust. btw it does get a little heavy after awhile, I use the swingy thingy bungee set-up and it really helps. Good luck with yours. p.s. If you have'nt read the jbird nautilus page, send me your e mail in a PM and I will send you the link. It's alot more informative than the manual.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I didn't buy the Nautilus after all. Ron at Dixie Metal Detectors says he stopped selling Nautilus about two months ago and the price had gone up even though it was advertised much lower and offered to order me one for the same price as kellyco with a deluxe carry bag and a certificate for $20.00 off on a set of high dollar headphones. I got 4 sets of headphones and can't afford another pair for over a hundred bucks! So, I guess I'm still looking. I would just order from Kellyco, but they offer a bunch of cheap junk and say it's worth $150.00. I would rather they keep their junk and just take that much off the detector, but of course they won't. Any suggestions where to get a really good deal? Monty

W

wheelgunner1

Hello Monty!

If you want the best prices on metal detectors check out

Clevengers metal detectors

Kansas city Mo. toll free 800 999 9147

email [email protected]

I found that they have the best prices!!!! also USED detectors!

They are a no bull crap dealer!

BEST REGARDS! WHEELGUNNER

Let me know how you make out!

[email protected]

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
Clevenger has good prices but he doesn't carry nautilus. Try Brian at Southern Treasures 866-849-7732. Very helpful and will take the time to answer your questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread