Teknetics T2

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Albert
Glad you and your T2 are happy. I had one bad experience after another with mine.
I have bought and sold many detectors over the years and have never took a hurting
on a like new machine with a blank warranty card like I did on the T2. I hunt about three times a week
and would much rather have a ace 250 than the T2 . For the price in my opinion it is junk.
I may have gotten a bad one but I don't think that was it. For relic hunting near powerlines where I
hunt a lot it was all but useless. Also hunted a relic hunt with over 300 participants
in Shiloh TN and not one hunter was using a T2. Tried to sell mine there and no one was interested in it.
For the money there are many detectors out there that are better. Wis I could have tried a smaller coil with it
but there was none and it was time for it to go.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
I haven't had much time on my T-2 yet but am impressed so far, it is very sensitive, well balanced, and light, I think the lower rod to coil is a little cheezy, like BH's,. haven't had any electrical interference problems in the areas that upset my QXT, witch was fairly sensitive. Pinpointing is very easy, but at times picks up on tiny pieces that are hard to find. swingingmydfx you should of held on to it a little longer, word is getting out on them and the prices are going up on used ones, if you can find them, I read you took a Beating on it. Ive been hunting going on 4 years and have used mostly Whites and a couple 3300's for the kids. i liked the QXT better than the XLT for relic hunting and waiting to get the T-2 out in the woods, hope it holds up like Whites quality. Post more when i get in the woods

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Davidtn,

I just wnated to throw my 2cents woth in...I have had my T2 for about a month now and so far i have found a 1925 SL quarter, a 1907 IH penny, a 1856 seated dime numerous wheats and relics and tokens from a site that i have previously hunted with 3 other detectors and i thought it was pretty much worked out. The two main differences that ihave found is 1. The fastgrab groundbalance made the biggest difference, since i got the T2 i can see the ground change in mineralization so i can readjust my detector...this accounts for the quarter and dime i found. 2. When the detector starts chattering in a trashy area i can turn the sensitivity down low with little or no loss of depth and it quietens up to where i can pick the coins out...i found a token at 8 inches with the sensitivity turned down to about 20% of its capability. I would say thatit is by far one of the best on the market. There is a lot of controversy about the T2 out there, i don't know why but i read what the users had to say about it and i'm glad i did. Whatever you decide i' hope it works for you. hh

tnredneck

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own a T-2, but I do own several detectors and save the larger coils for open field hunting. I have never had much luck with any of them in trashy areas using the bigger coils. In really junky areas I might get 3 or 4 different signals in an area just the size of the big coil. But if I put on the smaller "Stinger" coils, I have very little trouble sorting out and seperating targets. Of course you do lose some depth with the smaller coils and it takes a lot longer to cover a larger area. Perhaps one thing that I have don would help out. I will seek out and mark what I think are good targets, but a bit iffy due to trash, mark them with a flag and go back later with the smaller coil. Then I turn the discrimination and sensitivity up as far as I can before it starts getting too noisy. Try it and see what you think. Monty

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jeff of TN send your detector back!

It has a 5 year warranty, they will make it right.

I thought I had an issue but it was EMI in the area. I have a Whites 6000 that doesn't seem to be effected by EMI and didn't know what was going on so I sent it in. First Texas Products made many upgrades to it while they had it: Tougher Grip, New Toggle Switch, New battery holder with stronger springs, and they resoldered the coil connector because they had issues(sounds like your issue).

These are all issues that I read about but didn't mention to them when I sent it back. I am very happy with my detector and the service I got.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions