Teknetics T2

B

Bugar

No experience with it, but it scares me, since it is so closely tied to BH, and i have never had a good experience with the BH's, They may be OK, but i think you should wait till the jury comes back in before you make a decision ::)

ericlg

Feb 25, 2006
On another website, there's a guy who recently bought a T2. He swears by it in areas with lots of iron junk.

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What depths were they found?

Thanks.

Dale-IL

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2005
Southwestern IL.
Hi David, the Roosevelt was about four or five inches deep on edge. I had went over the spot with two brand name detectors and missed it. The quarter was about 6 to 8 inches deep. HH

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned the DFX for over a year and have many hours of use with it. My complaint is that it has too many features for me. I've purchased Jeff Foster's book "Digging Deeper With The DFX" and still am not happy with the depth. I checked out the Teknetics T2 from a local dealer and I am going to sell my DFX and go with the T2. My initial test with the T2 reflects much great depth detection and it's a lot easier to "turn on and go"...stay tuned for my experiences ;-)

KCK

Jan 22, 2005
Re: Wonderful New Teknetics T2 ....Out of respect it needs it's own Forum!

:) Think the moderators would give it one? Let's ask and see.

Please............................

Theres a lot going on right now with the Teknetic's T2, hot little number from all the reads on the boards. I've got one on the way for the weekend hunt!

Warning...It's a deep one they say! But I'm ready! hehehe

KCK

Attachments

• DCP_2117.jpg
    DCP_2117.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 5,302

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cabelas is selling them along with the full BH line so I'm sure there related, but reports coming in say very good things, Check out JD's latest posts.

kenb

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Technetics T2 isn't just closely related to Bounty Hunter, it is a Bounty Hunter product. I emailed Bounty Hunter and they sent me a promotional brochure for the T2. JD has promised me he will make an evaluation post soon on the T2. All too many have slighted BH on this and other forums in my opinion. My first detector and before the advent of the ACE 250, a BH was nearly everyone's first machine. I would wager that if a survey was made, you would be shocked by all the good finds made with a Bounty Hunter detector. BH's cheapest models can hold their own with most any detector on the market except perhaps the top of the line big brand names. I am not surprised the T2 is turning up exremely good reports. I have seen nothing negative at all but it is so new perhaps we need to wait and see? Monty

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took delivery of mine today. In testing it (granted, it was an air test) I was able to pick up a minnie ball at 15 inches. Can't wait to try it out. I'll let you know of my experiences after a bit of use.

David

Willy

Personally, I'd just get an MXT (and did so). The main advantages of the T2 seem to be: 4 AA's vs. 8, tones, manual GB, 5 yr warranty vs 2 yr, slightly lighter at 3.7 lb vs 4.3 lb. On the other hand, the MXT advantages are: cheaper $640 vs. $800, very fast ground tracking, an alkali ground tracking mode, great coil selection vs. 1 coil (no selection), a more sophisticated AM mode, doesn't lose the settings when turned off, 2 discrimination modes (each with different filtering). Then again, I prospect for gold in bad ground loaded with hotrocks and, in that scenario, the MXT is the winner. ..Willy.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'd wait a while before making a choice between a T2 and an MXT. I know other coils will be available in the future, and if they run along BH lines they won't be as expensive as others. The brochure I have doesn't state if it has preset discrimination modes but I can't imagine that it doesn't. And I would bet it has a custom mode also. As far as cancelling your settings, I didn't know that, but I would hope it wouldn't. I would expect no less from the price tag. Also, it is advertised as MRSP of $999.00, however they are going for $799.00 today on a couple of sites. The brochure talks about a FASTGRAB Instant Ground Cancellation that I think is the same thing as the Fast Track feature on my Garrett detector? (an automatic GB feature). And , oh yes, the weight.....Assuming it is well balanced, 3/5ths of a pound is quite a bit of weight in a handleld detector, especiall if you swing it all day, not to mention "whip" speed needed in a club hunt. I am anxious to see a really in depth evaluation on it. Monty

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
My brotherinlaw bought a technetics 8500 I believe in 1985. It was a great machine, I had a whites 6000D at the time and the technetics had the edge for depth and the disc was unreal. I mean you couldn't fool that machine. If it said junk it was junk and if it said it was a good target, it was a good target. The units were manufactured in Salem, Oregon, my home town. We toured the factory and were impressed. Unfortunately, they went out of business about a year or two later. If the new technetics is anything like the old one and built and designed by the same engineers it will be a great unit. If it is in the bounty hunter line then it will be around for awhile and they won't be here today and gone tomorrow so to speak like the original one back in the 80's. Just my 2 cents

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They lasted longer than a couple of years ...I liked the ST (Surf & Turf). The Bounty Hunter MkI which is similar to the 8500 is still being produced. Not great depth compared to some modern machines but it still has that excellent discrimination.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering why they chose to revive the Teknetics name? Maybe it's because it is a pretty radical departure from the regular BH lineup with the muffler on a stick profile? I 've noticed that a model they make for Radio Shack looks more like the T2 than their regular lineup. I wonder if BH realizes what a stir they are causing in the detecting forums? Surely they have someone who monitors such things? I also wonder how it is to pinpoint with a solid rib down the middle of the coil, that is an 11" coil by the way. I am use to my Garrett coils having a hole in the middle where the target is always centered. BH calls it a "Bi-Axial" trademarked coil. I wonder what that means? Their brochure is full of technical jargon that doesn't mean much to the average detectorist. Monty

Willy

Hey Monty! Got some bad news for you.. the T2 DOES loes all it's settings when you turn it off, it DOESN'T ground track (it balances to the ground when you push the button & stays at that setting til you balance again), and it DOESN'T have preset disc. modes (programs). When you turn the detector on it automatically reverts to the factory default settings and has to be reprogrammed. I mentioned this as being a deal breaker for me on the T2 & Carl's forums and caught flak from the T2 "stooges" for doing so. For an $800 detector, that's pretty pi$$ poor. ..Willy.

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have less steps to go through getting to your desired setting than you do on getting to a pre-set on the DFX. The bottom line is that it has some serious depth.

You can always read more about it on that other forum (http://www.findmall.com/list.php?58)

Of course we all know that different detectors are for different people. Do your homework before deciding on which detector is your fav and get out and enjoy the hobby! ;D

OP
OP
davidtn

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make two settings so let's see...that makes it 100% more effort than the MXT.

There's no reason to defend your choice of machines. White's make good detectors. To each their own.

Happy Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions