Vibra Probe 460/560

N

Newline

I just acquired a Vibra Probe 460 (main diff between this and the 560 is that the 560 was released by the creator of the 460 under his new company name later) and this thing is fun. It is built strong and can really be used to probe around in the dirt and in holes. It is reliable in its detection (standard little over an inch for probes) and its vibration not only allows use while you still have your md phones on but it is definitely less subtle than you might assume. When it starts to vibe you know it, no false shakes. It uses PI technology and is also completely waterproof to 30 feet. It saves so much time looking for targets which in many cases look just like the dirt they are in. Also it turns itself off automatically after about 2 minutes of non detection and has no switch to mess with. Just hold it upright for about 2 seconds and two small vibes tell you it is on. This is probabally no new news to most people here but I didn't see a review and thought I'd write one for new people like me. I really like this thing.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
New,

thanks for the post. Sure infomation is appreciated.

Question: Is your point of contact only on the tip, or does it go up a few inches
up on the side of the probe?

Thanks.

have a good un................

OP
OP
N

Newline

Part of what I like about this probe is that its sensitivity is on the tip and not up the sides. I find that it allows me to pinpoint better where an object is rather than possibly confusing me with a reading on one of the sides. And as I said, its pretty tough so I just kinda jab it around until it shakes and it is always right on.

P

pidjammies1

I just bought a Vibra Probe this week and it's great. It's a perfect accessory for my Garrett Ace 250. Well made and accurate. The no-switch feature is very smart. Sometimes I need to turn off the 250 when I am using it. They like to sing to each other but it works quite well.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks . I will get me one soon! What is a good price to pay and where???

OP
OP
N

Newline

I was lucky to find a used Vibraprobe on ebay for $56.00, which was great since it sounded good but I wasn't sure. Now though, after having used it, I would say that it is worth the $99.95 sale price Kellyco currently has it for. It does cost more on the manufacturer's site so I would definitely buy from Kellyco (or any other reputable dealer). It is a wonderful probe and has saved me a lot of time and frustration, finding things I would otherwise have overlooked. I also had the chance to try it at the beach and it worked FANTASTIC! Saved tons of digging and with the sand always shifting, it really helps to just swirl this thing around in the sand and know exactly where to look. My wife also just bought me the Vibra-Tector, which I plan on taking to the beach soon to try out. Just to give it a go I crouched down and scaned it over my yard like it was a full-size and found a beer cap about 4 inches down. Just what I need it to do as I plan on doing a little digging with it while swimming with my daughter. But the probe is definitely much more necessary I would say. In dirt, mud, sand; it's built tough and not only accurate but inconspicuous with its vibration. Just don't expect great depth; it's not made for that. About an inch, inch and a half max. But as shallow as that sounds you'd be amazed how handy this probe is. I'd certainly buy it again. (And if I somehow manage to break mine someday I will, but it's built so well I doubt it). Anyway, good luck and happy hunting.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is late, but I got one and love it... tough and waterproof and a good off on system.... just don't let it scare you when it goes off!!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One warning. It is a P.I.based pinpointer. If you intend to use it with a P.I. machine you may have problems. I found some pulse detectors suffer a little background interference but others loud interference that is a real pain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread