Treasure Baron Coin Trax II

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were can we check out more about this machine ive heard some of this and that about it but it seems sort of a "sleeper" detctor...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have a Cobra II, which is a treasure baron (made for Kellyco). It is a little different from the
standard treasure baron in its discrimination, but is an excellent machine. It is the deepest detector I have ever used,bar none. I have owned several different brands, as well as hunt with
friends that own even more different brands. Not one I've seen can match it in depth in discrimination. It is heavy and built like a tank, but it will get the deep stuff.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the original Baron plus upgrade modules and the small, stock and 11" Thunderhead coil.
Most modern machines still can't match the small coils performance or that of the Thunderhead as long as the ground isn't heavily mineralised.
The downside is the weight especially if a deephunter module is added which uses its own extra battery set.
It can be chest mounted but there's a shaft fitting molded into the metal of the control box which makes it uncomfortable so I have rear mounted the control box.

(I also have Whites, Minelab, Fieldmaster, Arado, T2, XP's, Altek, Fisher etc so do have something to compare with).

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
U.K. Brian said:
I have the original Baron plus upgrade modules and the small, stock and 11" Thunderhead coil.
Most modern machines still can't match the small coils performance or that of the Thunderhead as long as the ground isn't heavily mineralised.
The downside is the weight especially if a deephunter module is added which uses its own extra battery set.
It can be chest mounted but there's a shaft fitting molded into the metal of the control box which makes it uncomfortable so I have rear mounted the control box.

(I also have Whites, Minelab, Fieldmaster, Arado, T2, XP's, Altek, Fisher etc so do have something to compare with).
How would you compare it to all your other various machines

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember I've the original cast metal box version that is heavy.

Its one of the best machines with a five inch coil even today.
With Pro Hunter module that adds the essential adjustable ground control its a machine that can keep up with modern machines and if the Deep Hunter module is added (or I should say can be added because it doesn't like heavy mineralisation) then you can add a couple more inches as a passive unit in the coil is brought into play.
I'm lucky as I detect an area where the Thunderhead coil will add a couple of inches and the Deep Hunter can add another couple so you can get some real performance. In my immediate area the machine is not that good but not many are...a Sovereign has difficulty detecting a one inch coin at five inches.
The Cointrax and Goldtrax modules both have their own virtues but do have some problems with the touch pad controls sticking (base machine and Pro Hunter have knobs).

Its a machine that does need you to have another detector or two for wet sand and high mineralisation areas (there's a black sand module but I've not been able to try one) but used in the right areas its very good. Its a pity that Discovery didn't market their machines in Europe themselves because the price here was way to high, you could buy a fairly good machine for the price of one of the modules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread