Need advice on brand to upgrade to

wiimii

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2010
New to site so hello all. Its time to upgrade from ACE 250. Have 3 brands to decide from Whites MXT, GTI 1500, Omega 8000. The area i am working is small 100+ year old farming community. Heavy CW activity, finding things on top of ground very common and if one takes the time to walk fields after plowing can find a lot of things on ground. Trail of Tears passed 1/4 mile from our farm and a lot of Indians in area. Have mounds on family members land. Have access to all farms in community. Community church is as old as community and has all activities held there. Area never been worked. I find a lot of things with 250 but I'm sure i am missing a lot. Advice on what you think would be best machine for type of area would be very helpful. Thanks for your time.

M

miser

Of the three brands you have named, I'd go with the White's. The high-end Garrett machines just aren't performing for the price you pay and the Omega is an off-brand whose performance seems to be a bit spotty. Take a look at the posts on this machine from people who work with these machines daily before you decide and good luck with whatever you choose. :icon_thumleft:

Canman

Dec 6, 2009
Scottsboro AL
Detector(s) used
Omega8000, Silver Umax
Teknetics Omega is not a off brand .It's a sleeper machine thats had to have time to take off .Teknetics is owned by First Texas that makes Fisher ,Bounty Hunter and Teknetics .The person that helped design several of the high end Whites has designed several of the Teknetics and others at First Texas ,Dave Johnson.This is the question that was asked to him in a interview.So the Omega or the MXT will do u quiet well,the Omega is a lot lighter and a coin monster.I have used the MXT .but I have used the Omega a lot more .One hunting buddy uses a DFX and the other a MXT ,the Omega holds its own against them when we hunt together .

DS: Would you mind giving us a list of detectors you’ve had a hand in developing?

Dave: "Old Fisher: 1260, 1220, 1210, 1225, 1235, 1265, 1266, 1280, Impulse, CZ6, CZ5, CZ20, Gold Bug, Gold Bug II, TW6/Gemini, FX-3, and several industrial products.

Tesoro: Diablo MicroMax, Lobo Supertraq.

White’s: DFX, Beachhunter ID, GMT, MXT

Troy: Shadow X5

Bounty Hunter & related products: nearly everything we manufacture. Many of these products are adapted from the original Teknetics which was designed by George Payne. The Teknetics T2 however was an entirely new design.

New Fisher: F75, F4, and everything else since then.

On most of the above I was the lead engineer. On the White’s DFX and Beachhunter ID I developed the multiple frequency circuitry, and other engineers designed products around that circuitry. In addition to the above there are many products on the market which are adaptations by other engineers of products I designed."

John: "Bounty Hunter : I have had a hand in most of our current line up from the bottom to the top, from Guardian to the Time Ranger.

Teknetics : T2 I was main programmer

The Fisher’s : The F4 and F75"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread