OKM or Zond??

abdi1978

Aug 6, 2010
Hi everyone,
this is my first post, i am contemplating buying the OKM EXP4000 basic, its been used and comes with a few extras, been quoted 11 thousand euro's which too be honest is more than i would like to spend, but i tend to have that principle 'you get what you pay for' and i'd like to think for that price and its capability that it should be the best thing on the market!!

it was only when i was reading some posts on here that some when mentioned Accurate Locators and they have a Zond GPR which is fairly similar in price, but how does it compare to the OKM and are there any other brands/machines that anyone can recommend?

i'd really like to know which would be better for my requirements. I am hoping to carry out small scale prospecting for Cassiterite, Niobium, Tantalum and Molybdenum. I have reports indicating locations of such deposits, most tend to be alluvial veins with a possibilty of small traces of gold & silver, but realistically i am more interested in the semi-precious minerals as mentioned. The rocks are very hard granite-like rather than soft-sedimentary so need a GPR that can cope!!

i need suitable equipment that can detect to a depth of 10+ metres, i understand its impossible for any device to differentiate at a certain depth if its aluminium, nickel, zinc, lead etc, but would it catergorise it as non-ferrous, semi-precious etc?? don't want to spend all day digging just for lead!!!

i am hoping to make an immediate purchase as i hope to go on-field next month, i also need to buy an XRF analyzer from Niton or Innov-X so i can determine the % of Ta, Nb, Mo, Sn etc...trying to find a re-conditioned model as a new one is well over $25k!!!

really would appreciate any help/advise on what detector/GPR would be adequate for about $15k maximum!!

thanks in advance guys,

Abdi.

Smoothair1

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2010
Hello Abdi,

First I'd like to say that OKM products are based on fluxgate technology (magnetometers). They are NOT GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar's). They are not even close to the same time of technology. I would recommend you review information in a search engine on flux gate technology before you compare. The Zond system is a very good "TRUE GPR" radar system.

CJ

abdi1978 said:
Hi everyone,
this is my first post, i am contemplating buying the OKM EXP4000 basic, its been used and comes with a few extras, been quoted 11 thousand euro's which too be honest is more than i would like to spend, but i tend to have that principle 'you get what you pay for' and i'd like to think for that price and its capability that it should be the best thing on the market!!

it was only when i was reading some posts on here that some when mentioned Accurate Locators and they have a Zond GPR which is fairly similar in price, but how does it compare to the OKM and are there any other brands/machines that anyone can recommend?

i'd really like to know which would be better for my requirements. I am hoping to carry out small scale prospecting for Cassiterite, Niobium, Tantalum and Molybdenum. I have reports indicating locations of such deposits, most tend to be alluvial veins with a possibilty of small traces of gold & silver, but realistically i am more interested in the semi-precious minerals as mentioned. The rocks are very hard granite-like rather than soft-sedimentary so need a GPR that can cope!!

i need suitable equipment that can detect to a depth of 10+ metres, i understand its impossible for any device to differentiate at a certain depth if its aluminium, nickel, zinc, lead etc, but would it catergorise it as non-ferrous, semi-precious etc?? don't want to spend all day digging just for lead!!!

i am hoping to make an immediate purchase as i hope to go on-field next month, i also need to buy an XRF analyzer from Niton or Innov-X so i can determine the % of Ta, Nb, Mo, Sn etc...trying to find a re-conditioned model as a new one is well over $25k!!!

really would appreciate any help/advise on what detector/GPR would be adequate for about $15k maximum!!

thanks in advance guys,

Abdi.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions