TF900 by Discovery Electronics...Anyone have one?

albertv

Jun 7, 2010
Howdy, I have a TF-900. Have not got to use it in the field yet. Just tested it out in my yard. It seemed to work good . I was using a steel chair layed on the ground to see how far it would pick it up and it picked it up at around 5'. That's about the extent of it. What I did notice was that you have to ground balance the unit correctly and turn down the threshhold to barely audiable or you'll confuse yourself with all the ground noise. I hope to go down south in a few months to check up on some leads for cache hunting, and take it with me. Sorry I'm not much help. Take care.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though it and the Whites look almost identical the Discovery version was always the better choice. I assumed that Discovery developed them and licensed the designs to Whites.

Thats the good news. The bad news is that this type of hoard locator always lagged way behind a good high power pulse. More difficult to use over bad ground and distinctly lacking in depth.
Many of the pulse machines either have iron rejection for larger than fist sized objects or you can add a degree of rejection by the use of magnatometer coils.

I'll see if I can find the U.S. report on hoard hunters and post the link. Its quite objective and accurate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread