Anyone use XP Goldmaxx?

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Hi Eu,
Also look at the ADX 250 and Adventis II, they´re single tone (Have the same motherboard as the GMaxx II), as opposed to the GMaxx II which has 3 tone, but will find anything that can. Discrimination is fantastic. On the GMP mostly, it comes down to how good your hearing is !!!
I have ordered an Adventis II to complement my GMP. I almost got the GMaxx II, but then the prices went up, and I didn´t think it was worth the extra money over the Adventis II.
With the GMP, if you´re not digging some pull tabs, then you´re missing small hammered.
HH Ray

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello again Ray. :)
hammered...There are no hammered coins here in Sweden so thats not a problem. :thumbsup:

Tones based on conductivity is preferable here as I said before most coins where/are made with copper. (silver was also used very much) None of the coins I know of where so thin (or small) as your hammered.

My hearing is excellent by the way. :thumbsup:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Hi Eu

Still, I would take the GMP for ploughed fields with the 9" coil (With 11" coil for pasture or rolled/harrowed fields), and one of the lower kHz XP´s for anywhere where you have high ground mineralisation (I have fields with volcanic rock here only 50cm under the surface).
HH Ray

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes Ray I understand.
Also you UK guys talk so much about fields, pasture etc. Is that your favorite place to hunt? :-\
There is only very little such here most is either private yards or woodland/forest.
But I bet the XP's will do fine most of anywhere except on wet sand (salt water beach)

To me the GMaxx II sounds very appealing, I must say.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Hi Eu,
They are excellent for woodland. I use my GMP in woodland too (Found Roman Silver and the weapons cache with it, but I think the Lower kHz XP´s are better for woodland (GMaxx, Adventis, ADX 200/250)
Ray

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok I see Ray. Thanks for the info. ;D :)
And HH

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Eu

I do use the Goldmaxx almost anywhere apart from wet salt beaches and you would not believe the amount of small silver I've had from the tops of beaches that other machines have just passed over. Its not a super deep seeker for pasture even when the 11" coil is used. As with most machines the gain is mainly in sweep width not depth and on bad sites you can lose performance.

You do have hammered silver as King Skottkonung imported some of our (English) coinmakers to strike hammered coins at Sigtuna. His son continued with this then came a gap until production was resumed in 1150 ? In the intervening period foreign imports of coins were used some of these being hammered silver and gold.

For more depth especially on thicker coins Ray is right in suggesting the use of a lower frequency machine. Don't forget that the lower range XP's are often higher range models without the external controls but they are adjustable internally ie the 200 can be upgraded to the Adventis by running the ground adjustment out to the front of the control box. Even the Mk 1 Goldmaxx has some of the adjustments of the Power on the circuit board.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
Hi Eu

I do use the Goldmaxx almost anywhere apart from wet salt beaches and you would not believe the amount of small silver I've had from the tops of beaches that other machines have just passed over. Its not a super deep seeker for pasture even when the 11" coil is used. As with most machines the gain is mainly in sweep width not depth and on bad sites you can lose performance.

You do have hammered silver as King Skottkonung imported some of our (English) coinmakers to strike hammered coins at Sigtuna. His son continued with this then came a gap until production was resumed in 1150 ? In the intervening period foreign imports of coins were used some of these being hammered silver and gold.

For more depth especially on thicker coins Ray is right in suggesting the use of a lower frequency machine. Don't forget that the lower range XP's are often higher range models without the external controls but they are adjustable internally ie the 200 can be upgraded to the Adventis by running the ground adjustment out to the front of the control box. Even the Mk 1 Goldmaxx has some of the adjustments of the Power on the circuit board.
100% correct

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Brain:
About the hammered coins, yes I see that. Fact is that I did not know that, there is very little info from that time period open for the public.

Not until about 1600 there is good maps and a bit more info to research.

I will then do what you suggested thanks lads! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread