Anyone use XP Goldmaxx?

C

chesterseeker

were did you order one i have been thinking about geting one.. love the cordless phones man its about time.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the XP Goldmax for a couple of years with both stock and large coils. Excellent machine for any site except wet sand, on dry will find you engagement rings other machines ignore.
Don't forget there is now the Goldmaxx Power....its even deeper. Means the original Goldmaxx can now be picked up at a great price but don't forget on original XP machines the wireless headphones were an option, on new machines the sender is built into the circuit board.

U

UC

One of the best machine for very small targets in iron infected areas.
For a relict hunting is better XP G-MAXX II.

;)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldmaxx got even better. The new and very cheap upgrade chip that you can fit yourself adds a couple more inches to the already excellent depth of the Goldmax Power.

Brian

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
I´ve got a GoldMaxx Power (Uk version 4), and I love it, the only other machines that I´m going to get, are the Red Heat XD 17 Micro, and the GMaxx 2. Others just can´t beat them.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Don´t know if any one sells them in the US, but you could get one posted from England or France no problem
Here´s the English site (Ask for Nigel in the email)
http://www.regton.com/

and the French makers site
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/

The manuals are available in a variety of languages (Can also be downloaded), including French, German, English.
The GoldMaxx Power has the fastest recovery speed of any detector currently available, and is an 18kHz machine.
The other versions all run at 4.6kHz, and are XP100, XP ADX250, XP Adventis II, and GMaxx II.
Even the 4.6kHz machines are quite capable of locating cut quarters etc.,
Maybe KellyCo. has them too, but I´m not aware of it.
HH Ray

lamarc

Dec 8, 2005
Central Ms.
Detector(s) used
TEK T2 se
I use a XP Goldmax plus, Red Heat XD-17 Micro, Schonstedt GA 52 CX Magnetometer, and a Fisher FX3 Ferro probe Mag. After 40 yrs of digging these are the best detectors I have ever bought. Lamar U.S.A.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I missed your post Dazoff.

I have Shadow X3, X5, couple XP's, just got rid of an F75 and the fate of the T2 is in the balance.
The X5 is deeper on some sites than the XP Goldmaxx but the Goldmaxx has better lower range discrimination and iron I.D. is far better.
The Goldmaxx Power is deeper than the Goldmaxx I use but not by much and I have sites where the standard discrimination of the early machine works better than the all metal mode with ferrous discrimination by tone.
Build standard of the XP's is as good as the Fisher built Shadows. Weight is a bit more but rear mount the control box and you can detect all day even with the large coil.

My worry re the Goldmaxx in the States is that there are better machines in highly mineralised areas. But the same also applies to the Troy machines. You also really need a low frequency 4.6 kHz XP to cover all the options.
Before I forget. I have great success with the Goldmaxx in the rubbish at the top of the beach but it does not like wet sand.

r.r.warren

Greenie
Oct 19, 2007
orlando,fl
Detector(s) used
ace 250, legacy 3300,o'rion stage 2
hello folks, how much are they in usd? for the advent 2 i think it's called, the middle of the line unit. looks a little like the minelab. can u get 1 in the u.s.? what about if it needs service?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Same thing i thought..What about service if it breaks.............==Jim==

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Any XP dealer should be able to repair them. I live in Germany, and many users in the UK (Top selling detector there too), and the dealers alway´s service them

xpman

May 15, 2008
rayredditch said:
Any XP dealer should be able to repair them. I live in Germany, and many users in the UK (Top selling detector there too), and the dealers alway´s service them
well well ello ray ,how are ya m8 long way from xp forum uk aint ya lol ,anyway wot ray says is correct and also the build quality is second to none im from the uk and what you here about the goldmaxx is correct ..there superb poss the best there is,18khz coin eating machine you will ever get your hands on lol.oh yes another thing uk Brian you should knw by owning a goldie that there is no better machine to handle mineralised site or areas,if there is a better machine other than the goldie please tell me which one it is ?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many machines are better than the Goldmaxx on mineralised sites...your problem is you haven't tried to use one in the U.S. where they do have mineralisation. Its a bit like trying to use the Aquasound on none Florida beaches.
Any suggestion why the T2/F75 have been selling so well in the U.K. despite the poor build quality ? Minerals.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Brian how is the GMP as a modern coin shooter? (mainly copper coins and mostly aluminum trash )
Or is it more of a relic hunter? Maybe good for both...

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Eu_citzen said:
Brian how is the GMP as a modern coin shooter? (mainly copper coins and mostly aluminum trash )
Or is it more of a relic hunter? Maybe good for both...
Mostly you´ll hear the alu trash, and coins give a very sweet sound. However if you have high mineralisation (I have some sites in Germany where I have trouble keeping the machine quiet), then you should consider one of the other XP machines , such as ADX 250, Adventis II, or GMaxx II. These handle mineralised ground very well, and still find silver hammered. Best is of course to have the GMP, plus one of the others, then all bets are covered regarding plough or pasture
HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread