GC-1036 Gold Digger

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
Hi Guys, I'm brand new here and I'm here to learn. So, I hope that you won't find my questions to boring.
My wife heard me say that I'd love to have a MD for Christmas. So, she suprised me on Christmas morn with the GC 1036. Boy, was I one happy old rascal. Now, I'll have the chance to have some fun.

The manual that came with it is pretty skimpy to say the least. I've been on Youtube trying to find more info on it. But, nothing yet. And, I've only been able to take it out once because of the very cold and snowy weather. But, I did find an old buckle,3 old spikes and a bent up bolt.
What I want to know is whether the MD will beep if and when I hit anything like coins and or jewelry and what should I set it on to make this happen. And, oh- if anyone knows of a good video to watch concerning it, I sure would appreciate it.
Oh, our great grandaughter got a new Coinmaster for Christmas down in Florida and had some good finds with it. I'm considering getting one. But, I want to learn on the Gold Digger first. Thanks for any input and your help
Bulldog

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. I don't know much about your detector, but set the disc to where it just knocks out iron and dig everything else. You can get used to it by throw different items on the ground and listen to the signals it gives. Most of all, have fun!

OP
OP
Bulldog1948

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
Hey Gib H,

Our daughter lives outside of JAX. And loves it down there. Lotts places to hunt good stuff there on the beach.
Anyway, I read your answer. So, do I set the disc in the middle or to the right of the middle to knock out the iron crap? This is one of the important questions that I have. Iwant to get it figured out so I can hunt the old farms around here.
By the way, I'm from SE Ohio
Bulldog1948

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easiest thing to do would be throw an old nail on the ground and set the disc to where it knocks out or at least start giving a broken signal.

OP
OP
Bulldog1948

Bulldog1948

Jan 2, 2011
SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
GC 1036- Gold Digger
Hey, Thanks man. :icon_thumleft: I'll give it a try. I appreciate the help. Happy Hunting. :icon_thumright:
Bulldog1948

Bigdoglover

Jul 25, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Gold Digger GC-1036
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bulldog1948, I have just gotten a GC-1036. My dad's friend gave it to him for free. When he gave it to us he didn't give a instrucion manual. Also, I am new to using metal detectors and hunting for treasure. I wanted to know what the tune and disc means. They are the two out of the three dials. Hope you can help me.

Bigdoglover

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread