treshure hunter VISION PRO XJ9 any good ?

OP
OP
ukeden

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
well thought somone might have helped me out a bit sean as i new to all this any way ive bean out with it to two locations i dont realy no how well it preforms as i dont understand the detector at the moment i do no one thing it is very sensitive and beeps constantly but i think i chose the wrong places to test one was a path way a long a river edge and all i found was a batery,a large lead weight,a pop can,pinpointing seams hard second location was a old botale tip i just coundnt get it to be quiet even using the the discreimnashion and turng the senstivety down i dint dig evrey thing so all i found was a botale top,a lagre pece of metal,a lage pice of aliminum, i plan to go out with it soon and a freind told me two locations that sound good one is the back of a churh were thier is a river ban were he tels me romain coins coins have bean found the other is a old sports and show filed that is over 100 years old looking forward to trying these will report later on tonight how i get on alothough i feal i will be looking to get a beter detector

karslake

Greenie
Sep 23, 2006
Hunter vision detectors , namely the hunter vsion pro and aqua vision should be outstanting detectors. I got one , the one with three knobs and pinpoint feature. Well this detector beats every other detector I´ve ever seen and tried out. These have been some pulse induction, the micronta and radio schack ones, one english CSCOPE two whites one coin master and the other a 6000 pro.and a chinese MD 5008 (SEBEN)which prooved to be a scam. When I say it beats them I mean that it has not only twice the penetrating capacity but three or four or more times more penetration. However these is not made in the motion feature but in the pin point feature. This is where I had to curl backwards. Actually I am very impressed with this sheer all metal mode capacity : actually the machine serves as a true cache finder plus you can work out wether targets are small big deep or shallow. I am not a believer that discriminators are a usefull feature in any make as you will loose relics regardless. Therefore this absurd penetration capacity ( a coin burried in about 10 or twelve inches or more) made me euphoric about treasure hunting. Needless to say I got a huge relic in my second spot and another one 30 minutes later on my first outing.... I give this machine top rating... I´t comes from china and who makes them are Schanghai research institue of microwave technology. Excellent electronics. The search coil a bit heavy , and the cabinet regular, anodized alluminium stem. Dead easy to use. No controls.Sensitivity allways at maximum.

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Being new to this hobby myself i would have 4 questions for you these would be
1.how much experience with detectors have you got
2.where are you searching
3.are you familiar with all the controls
4.how long do you practice

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience with the Vision series was that they are very, very poor. The only cheap Chinese or Turkish detector that really worked was sold under the Black Knight label. Its a copy of the Whites 6000 but in plastic. Even it has the problem of a terribly slow recovery speed.
The two Pro XJ's I've seen were both brought to me to see if I could get them working. One was not bad for the money, the other terrible.
I think I've reported on the Aqua Vision on this forum. A copy of the Fisher 1280 design but poorly constructed, the shaft hardly painted, poor headphones.
Depth a fraction of the Fisher it tried to copy and like the similar MD diving model the control knob shafts will seize in no time if the detector is used in salt water. I also found the depth drop off as discrimination is increased is dramatic.
I hope they have improved them recently. For Roman coins you need sensitivity (can be a quarter of the size of a cent or new penny) and minimum discrimination. Just take out iron, small nail size.
A good machine would be an old Tesoro Silver Sabre/Laser/Whites Classic 3/Fisher 1235/XP ADX 100 or C-Scope if you want to keep the price down.
Its a great hobby...don't let a poor machine put you off.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Black Knight Magpie was a good machine for it´s price ( 69.95 Euro´s in Germany from the shop), but some on EBAY will try to sell them at 3 to 400.00 Euro´s telling you they cost normally 800.00 plus. Don´t get conned, they´re better than SEBEN, and you´ll find good stuff with them, but sooner or later you´ll want a better and deeper machine. Save up and buy a good one in the first place, as second hand you´ll get nothing on one of these Chinese Cucumbers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions