Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
for me the X5 is the best machine i have ever used and i will never sell it
super lite, water resistent and they still service them, and you don't need to buy a pinpointer
for me the trick was understanding the Nickle/zinc toggle, hold the togglle up and you get a sound and hole the toggle down and you get a sound over a target DIG it could be silver
hold the toggle up and no sound then hold the toggle down and you get a click DIG it could be gold
i use the DD more then the concentric loop
the best part about the X5 is when i am hunting nuggets, i take a birdshot place it on the ground and loop it till i get just cancelled, place a nugget in the ground the same size and you pick it up with the DD :hello2:

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
Hey art, just do a Google on "Troy X5 Tips" and you will get more info than you can handle for awhile. Great machine,light, tough,built like a tank, deep, deep,,, and I do mean deep! And you will love it. HH, Cass

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Troy still servicing the X3 and X5 ? I was told he had stopped. Great thing was that he was fast and cheap !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions