l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use mine as a backup or loaner. It is an easy to use grab and go detector, works good in trashy areas too. Just lacks a bit in the depth department.

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
Hey Firedigger, my X5 was much deeper but my X2 was plenty deep in my mild ground. I use the Tejon mostly now, but back when I got the X2(new) it was a a sweet machine and the Super 7 did a great job in the trash. Only complaint would have been that it was a bit too quiet for me when I wanted to stay in AM and hunt for the trashy ground before the serious sort out process could begin. I do remember some of my coin finds that impressed me by being deeper than my average finds, so for some it may have not go so deep, but for others it certainly does. We all know how that goes, and is true to the way it is. Experience with a machine will of course improve finds, and the X2 is a goodun to be swinging. HH, Cass

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
A little more to get back to the topic, and I would just say that the X 2 is a machine most folks just like to hang on to so they are rarely sold, or traded. They do a great job, are feather lite. Most all the guys I know that got their's around same time I did , still have them, and use them now and then, and will not part with them. Great thing too is that the X2, being built forTroy by Tesoro gives it all the full benefits of Tesoro's Lifetime Warranty and almost totally free service. Hey, what is not to love about that, because Tesoro was taking care of their folks years before any of the other mfgrs. had their "light bulb moment!" HH, Cass

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just sent my X2 back to Tesoro for a repair on the sensitivity on /off button that totally wore out. I live in area where these machines originated and most of our club still uses them. they are a great machine, I use mine on discrimation #2 and sensitivity 7 and although I dig a lot of trash I have found four nice gold rings in the last 8 months.

I like it's light weight! -fast response time from Targets, and the sniper 4" coil. I have found all my gold items due to the small coil because I hunt trashy areas and those parks just dont allow for big coils due to silent or regular masking.

I enjoy using my machine!

E.V.

Greenie
Mar 30, 2014
Troy,Va
Detector(s) used
Nautilus,Fisher 1260,65,66,70,Garrett GM3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and tried to use it on all metal for small REV war gun parts, grapeshot ect. The detector is built to ignore small iron. You could hold the pinpoint button down constantly while you search, which is what I did. Alot of hassle. Not much on depth. I got rid of mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread