Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.....WILSON'S......

....I just got my ATD back from the repair shop .....Now that is is working correctly.....It reminds me a lot of the Wilson Relic and Coin Series...not sure if it is better or not....but it is at least equal to the R&C's.....the ATD stands for ANALOG TO DIGITAL.....found this info in an old treasure mag.......besides the Motion Modes of the R&C Series the ATD also has a Non-Motion Mode.....I guess that these are either rare or getting that way......I have only seen one or two for sale in the last 6 years of searching........I liked the R&C 4 over the 2......and for the best it is probably a tie with the R&C 4 and the Coin Select...... actually it may be a 3 way tie for the best counting the ATD....The ATD has some of the features of the first Wilson...the VLF 710.....it was one of the deepest detectors that I ever owned especially being used on the salt water beach........Joe

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: .....WILSON'S......

Does this mean that Paul Wilson is still repairing his machines?

I remember being told off on the Metal Detecting Equipment Form for saying that ATD stood for analog to digital and there were a few who claimed Paul never designed anything. "The Mayor" I remember said they used Tesoro circuit boards and that Wilson had never designed a circuit plus other gems such as the "Hot Head" coils were just a case of making a coil cheap enough for KellyCo to buy! Plus he had been round the workshop and there was a "fire sale" going on so there would never be another Wilson machine. Needless to say the Coin Select came out not that long after. Doubt if these posts helped sales !

Still used and liked in Europe.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

...All that I know is that a while back I talked to Paul Wilson and was having some problems with a R&C II....I wanted to send it to him for repair....he refused to repair any of his older detectors and instead tried to sell me a me a Coin Select...so instead I sent it to Keith Wills at www.brokendetectors.com The Wilson's are basically a "GRAB AND GO DETECTOR"....I have most of the control knobs Pre-set ...so all I have to do is turn it on and start "SWINGIN".......Again I think that these detectors are well liked cause they are very simple to operate...goes fairly deep......have the ability to cancel salt water ...also they are deepseekers......I know that some may disagree...but if a R&C Series can Not be found....I would advise to buy a Coin Select....it is just as good.........HH.....Joe

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks Joe. Interesting to know. There's been a few Wilson's for sale cheap in the U.K. as it had been suggested there was no way to get spares/repairs.

E.V.

Greenie
Mar 30, 2014
Troy,Va
Detector(s) used
Nautilus,Fisher 1260,65,66,70,Garrett GM3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an R and C one and an R and C three. Both are super detectors. Bought them in the 1970s. Very deep and unaffected by power lines Excellent relic machines!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a white's very deep excellent relic machine, good around power lines...
has to be a white's

liftloop

posted with windows xp

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....This is an Update....as far as I can tell Wilson is out of business....he either has passed away or is in a Nursing Home.....just saying!!!....all of the sent emails are not answered and I believe that the phone number has been disconnected.

E.V.

Greenie
Mar 30, 2014
Troy,Va
Detector(s) used
Nautilus,Fisher 1260,65,66,70,Garrett GM3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilson

Joe I don't want to sell my 2 Wilsons, but place a free ad in the Mid Virginia Trading Post for one- Every relic hunter in mid Virginia had one in the 80s Surely somebody in the Richmond Va has one for sale

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still like the Wilson's...... I currently own a VLF710....probably the hardest one to find of all the Wilson's.

OP
OP
J

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Joe I don't want to sell my 2 Wilsons, but place a free ad in the Mid Virginia Trading Post for one- Every relic hunter in mid Virginia had one in the 80s Surely somebody in the Richmond Va has one for sale
.....I wouldn't sell mine either!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread