C scope R1

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
Here is a short summary of the C Scope R1 detector:

Comes with 15 cm and 25 cm coils. Coil cover for the 15 cm coil was missing, one for an 8" coil was sent for some reason.
One of the four speaker clips was loose and rattling in the battery housing. I had to refasten it.

Has an interesting TID, like a ground radar.
Display can be backlit for low light conditions.
Discrimination scale is from 0 to 20.
Uses 8 AA batteries.
Three preset programs, Coin Inland Coin Beach and All metal. Provision to store two user defined programs.
Disc scale is from 0 to 20
Has disc accept or reject, also disc edit.
Low med or high frequency choice.
THe TID has no depth display.

In the short time I had it in the field with the 10.5 coil the depth seems as good as Tesoro detectors which is all I have to compare it to.
Low tone or no tone for iron, high for good targets.
However the detector is bulkier and heavier.
I have not had the opportunity to test it on gold so I do not know how sensitive it is to this metal.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 732

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never used one they are from the U.K. so how would you get repair work done on them ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
froggy38383 said:
Keppy said:
I never used one they are from the U.K. so how would you get repair work done on them ?

One would have to send it back to the UK.
No dealers in the USA to bad...... So have you used it and how does it work out for you.......

OP
OP
F

froggy38383

Sep 27, 2005
I used it for two hours on the weekend at a fresh water beach, found about 100 coins, all modern, used in Coin Inland mode, happy with the performance.

Good depth and discrimination, 10.5 inch coil. Heavier and bulkier than the Tesoros, so more tiring to use.

Air tested on a gold ring in coin inland mode, seems to have good sensitivity to gold.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were sold in the U.S. under the Newforce label years back (its a very old detector design).
They didn't last long. They reduced the price in the U.K. to around $150 under that of the Whites XLT but the detector of choice remained the XLT as it was better in so many respects including having a vast range of coils.

The big plus is that C-Scope are cheap, have great customer service and cheap repairs. Most of their detectors also are very well protected against rain and dust even without control box covers.

If you have an older model I believe you can send it in and have the software updated to current spec.

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know its an old thread and maybe the R1 has been sold long ago . But you can get any old C.Scope fixed . They are a bit like Whites in that they always look after their old machines unlike 1 or 2 .
I had a R1 in 2008 but sold it soon after buying along with a few other machines , i should have given it a go but just didn't because of time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread