DetectorPro Head Hunter LandPro

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
I am looking for input on the HeadHunter LandPro. One net-based seller has the HH LandPro with 10" coil and in-line probe (Sun Ray similar) for $675. I like the idea of the probe, the controls in the headset, and the light weight design. I don't like the lack of brand, or aftermarket, accessory coils. I am also not familiar with the 2.4khz freq. My main interest is coin hunting. I am also looking at the Alpha 4000 and the Tesoro DeLeon.

Also... I am finding a hard time price shopping the Land Pro. Not too many people have it, KellyCo doesn't, even the DetectorPro website doesn't mention it. Is it old? Did 1 or 2 resellers take the PiratePro and combine it with the UniProbe headset? What's the history of this model? I know there are some resellers on this forum, so I am hoping they will chime in.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the Pirate and Pirate Pro came out the Land Pro seemed to go out of stock everywhere. I should e-mail the company and see if it took over as the Land pro's replacement because that detector has been on the market several years.

The only thing I would say against the Land Pro and this applies to the Pirate as well, is that if your after a light detector then it might not be the detector you need as its light where it doesn't need to be. The coil itself is rather heavy due to the extra windings needed for such a low frequency and you haven't got a control box at the other end to balance things out.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Land Pro is not being made anymore. Gary Storm discontinued it.

I believe its replacement is the Wader, which has all the features of the LandPro but is waterproof to boot.

You can buy a new Wader for $585. I don't know if the LandPro with the inline probe is worth the price being asked.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you can call and talk to .. Gary Storm .. and he can give you all the information you want to know................. Phone.. 1-800-367-1995 ..or.. 1-845-635-3488 .......

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Wader was the original Head Hunter alongside the Pulse model.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread