mini detectors

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just curious if you're going covert and don't want to lug around a regular sized detector. Are there any smaller detectors that you can maybe fold up and fit in a backpack, but still will be reliable? (not a pinpointer) I know you can take most detectors apart into 2 or 3 pieces, but that's rather timely. Looking for something that may just snap closed/off. I'm trying to do as much research into the new equipment i am buying for myself for christmas. thanks

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well You could just shorten the shaft for easier storage. The Prizm II is very lightweight and adjusts to a short length if you are looking for a tough little machine..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D

daniel74868

I think cutting off some of the shaft would work. I did it on my Quick Draw II for my six year old to use. He wanted to Md with me and I couldnt bring myself to buy him one of those Md's for kids. they seem so cheap, lol. i cut it down to an overall length of 20 1/4 inches.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what your price limit is, but Eric Foster makes some of the best Pulse Induction Machines in the world. Here is a link to where they are sold in the US:

http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/EFoster.html

That's the expensive route to go, but you can adapt almost any MD to be belt or chest mounted. You can pop a cane tip and handle on the shaft, and use it for a walking stick until you get to where you're going.

Best,

Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daniel74868 said:
I think cutting off some of the shaft would work. I did it on my Quick Draw II for my six year old to use. He wanted to Md with me and I couldn't bring myself to buy him one of those Md's for kids. they seem so cheap, lol. i cut it down to an overall length of 20 1/4 inches.
smart man a full 1/4 inch larger then "sawed off standard" don't want the feds coming down on you.... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread