Any info on a Nokta Golden Sense Metal Detector?

OP
OP
Mud

Mud

Dec 28, 2008
Buford, Ga
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, Fisher f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they claim to find a US quarter at 32 inches

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks quality, not too many bells and whistles, the price seems reasonable. Two tone ID is okay. The weight seems okay. Should be a good choice for deep sand and water hunting. I would think it a bad choice for regular depth coinshooting at the old park, I would guess the Etrac is much better for that. It should be good for deep nugget hunting at 17.5 khz. I believe it actually should pick up a quarter at 32" with that big coil. I would like to get that machine in some of my freshwater hotspots, better get a bigger scoop. It seems ideal for the deeper ancient goods found in the European spectrum, and it should be a decent choice in any old war camp or battle area. Looks like Notka is trying to satisfy the mainstream detecting market with a more conventional machine. If I had a big fat wallet I would have one in the mail tomorrow.

BarryInNY

Jun 11, 2009
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, BLISSTOOL, E-Trac, White's DF, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are watching the KellyCo videos - it's showing 32 cm (centermeters) not inches. That is about 12" and nothing special.
The Blisstool BLOWS that depth away - well over 15". Gold rings at 22" in WET salt sand...

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blisstool? Never eard of it.

youart58

Greenie
Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kelleyco said they did the quater test at there site at 32"
If you are watching the KellyCo videos - it's showing 32 cm (centermeters) not inches. That is about 12" and nothing special.
The Blisstool BLOWS that depth away - well over 15". Gold rings at 22" in WET salt sand...

mask man

Jun 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i have got a golden sense got to say good bit of kit hammard silver 8 to 12 inc so far but sure it will get them deeper if they are there

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post a review Mask Man. I've tried two, one good and one bad.

mask man

Jun 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i just use it like it tells you to in a lot of iron i use iron of and dig any thing that lights the red light one thing it gets in the ground dis well im not one for fancy names just a detector that will do the job and to be fair golden sense will do that job well i have had all the top end detectors but this one gets more depth and finds and to me thats whats its all about and you do get 40 hours on full charge so this one will be staying

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have got to try it in Culpeper Va. From what I have heard about it, it looks pretty promising. If it passes my Culpeper tests in the future, you folks know (whether the manufactures like it or not) I'll be sure to give you the honest feedback. Could be a new hit! They are saying up to 40 hours on the battery too... Stay tuned

Last edited:

Relicsjoe

Feb 11, 2010
Woodland Detectors said:
I have got to try it in Culpeper Va. From what I have heard about it, it looks pretty promising. If it passes my Culpeper tests in the future, you folks know (whether the manufactures like it or not) I'll be sure to give you the honest feedback. Could be a new hit! They are saying up to 40 hours on the battery too... Stay tuned

I'd be very interested in your findings.... Have never seen any reviews of someone using one in any mid Atlantic states..

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector seems to be like a mirage... No reviews even from KellyCo.... I don't get it....

Company is based in Turkey. Fairly recent to metal detector manufacture but appear to be well established in electronics. They've been marketing mainly to the European market and I actually got one of the Golden Sense after watching it in action and using it in Spain and have been putting it though its paces here in the US, the past few months. Not the detector you want to take into a park coinshooting for sure but hands down the best at relics and nugget shooting I've used so far. It appears they have sacrificed bells and whistles for straight out power and ferrous vs non-ferrous descrimination and the depth on this thing is incredible. Would love to meet up with Woodland Detectors in Culpepper Virginia for a test hunt. I go to Virginia about 3 times a year to help my parents out and would love a few hours hitting a good Civil War site. So far I have used the Golden Sense in Spain, Florida and westward to Nevada and Montana. Check out the photos from the last trip, Nevada and points northward to parts unknown in Montana. The boot puller was over 2 feet deep in a wash in Nevada. The nuggets were at about 9-10 inches and the silver colored one turned out to be platinum. Am planning on going back to Montana when the weather warms up to try my hand at recovering some more nuggets, both gold and platinum.

The cartridges appear to be 45-70, the clasp is sliver and the other odd pieces are just interesting copper or bronze pieces. The lilttle threaded piece appears almost like a nipple from a musket but am not sure.

If anyone is within a few hundred miles of Panama City I'm up for a road trip about anytime for a day of hunting and testing.

P.S. The gold tooth cap was about 8 inches into the ground.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 877
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 540
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Ganixle, Thanks for the info re the Nokta. I'm over in New Orleans, but I have access to a site in Spanish Fort, Alabama, where I've recovered many CW relics. As it's not that far from there to Panama City, perhaps we could line up a hunt. I wouldn't mind seeing the depth capabilities of the Nokta. I hunt with a White's Dfx and a Fisher CZ21. Take Care

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello N.O. noir et d"or....I am up for a road trip. Will PM my phone number. Thanks for the invite.

rockpup1

Apr 2, 2013
Not sure that's platinum.If so that's the largest nugget I have ever seen.I thought you could only find placer platinum in bc and Russia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions