Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
You could use a coat hanger cut into L rods and be just as effective. Clark Howard should have these on his show as one of the many scams these days.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had to withdraw the British advertising in the end. Most ads were along the lines that "Electroscopes by Thomas" won first, second and third place at the so and so rally. Turned out that they only allowed Electroscopes to enter !

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
These LRLs only have a chance to work if you are psychic and that is pretty much NOOOO CHAAAANCE!!! Even then you will need a very vivid imagination to convince yourself that it is working... Otherwise forget them...........WEEEELLLL! forget them anyway.........How many psychics do you know who have found their Eldorado (and are now mining magnates) using one of these useless contraptions.........NOT ONE, ZIP, ZULTCH, ZERO, NONE, NADA, NOT ANYONE.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
The Electroscope is NOT a metal detector. It is a dowsing rod, no better and no worse than a forked stick, a bent coat hanger or a piece of welding rod. It contains absolutely no circuitry that can discriminate or differentiate between diverse metals. It is a totally passive device that is incapable of either transmitting, receiving or amplifying electrical signals of any kind. There is no physical or electrical connection between the handle and the circuit that can cause the meter to deflect or the case to pivot when a buried object is "detected."

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did in fact make a more normal type detector. I think it was called the 301 though it might have been a 501. God my mind is going, I use to be able to remember all this stuff.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
some years back when they were advertising a lot i went to the dealers to examine one .
i held it in my hand and it spun round and round without stopping .you could tilt it one way and then another.
i smelt a rat right away .
a bent coat hanger mounted in a cotton reel sprang to mind.

:icon_scratch:???

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Assume for the sake of discussion it is a TR/IB metal detector with the forward antenna to transmit and a receive coil somewhere in the housing. It will send a ground wave along the surface of the ground and a coin will procuce a very weak return signal directed above. How would any receive coil in the housing receive a signal? Or if it is pulse induction and the antenna is both the transmist and receive antenna, the same problem of sensing a very weak return signal exists. If I see one for sale at a flea market for around $10, I'll buy just to fool around with it.

avanturist

May 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must to tell to all,ELECTROSCOPES by thomas really work!!!!!!!
I from Macedonia
Best Regards

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one about 20 years ago.....I tested the machine before I bought it. I don't know what makes it work....but it worked well for me.
My step-father had gotten me into MD'ing. He told me before I bought it...it wouldn't work. After I bought it I asked him to bury some silver dollars in his yard and I would come and find them. He had buried silver dollars in 3 different locations on the farm. I found the first location within 10 minutes just by making a simple scan across his back yard. It took me another 10-15 minutes to locate the second batch of silver dollars. The third location he had hidden down by a field in his front yard. That was easily located also. His best friend had buried his MD'ing treasures in his back yard. It took me less than 5 minutes to locate where he had that buried. Made believers out of both of them. I hear all the reviews about those machines and there certainly are a lot of people that say they don't work. I just know from what I experienced when I used to own one.

mrdetector

Greenie
Jun 13, 2013
TENN
Detector(s) used
whites GT-Whites SurfMaster 11- field scope by Thomas Colorado gold sticks-crazy rod by J D Moore
Primary Interest:
i have a new field scope by Thomas.took it out to a old beach I found a 1943 half at 35-40 ft in 3 feet of water and 7" of mud and sand
I also found a merc and 6 Wheaties and locked on to a 5 cents at 15' on relics I found a rat tail file at 24' it is vary easy to use.it is batt operated.
I have been testing for 23 years on just about all LRL and dowsing rods and I give this a A+

Last edited:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Well all I can say is that if what you have stated is the truth then take yourself and the LRL to a mining company and show them how easy it is to find gold, silver diamonds, water or whatever ,then instead of defending the contraptions on this forum you could be out becoming rich and very well respected and will be achieving great things for your country and possibly all humanity.:occasion14::hello2: Also irrespective of what you Americans think of Dick Smith in Australia, his offer of a very large cash reward for being able to demonstrate that these LRLs that require psychic power to work actually do work and that you are able to consistantly locate particular deliberately hidden items of various materials still stands. If you are serious then contact Dick and set up a test. There is big money to be had as well as fame and fortune and great respect from all humanity. Just imagine what you could do for all of the people of the world who are struggling to simply get enough water for their every day need. You could locate water, gold , diamonds etc without the need to pay vast sums of money to drilling and ore testing companies:notworthy:

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone actually buys one, will someone please send him my direction? I have some land about 100 miles west of San Franciso that I want to sell him for only $400.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one about 20 years ago.....I tested the machine before I bought it. I don't know what makes it work....but it worked well for me.
My step-father had gotten me into MD'ing. He told me before I bought it...it wouldn't work. After I bought it I asked him to bury some silver dollars in his yard and I would come and find them. He had buried silver dollars in 3 different locations on the farm. I found the first location within 10 minutes just by making a simple scan across his back yard. It took me another 10-15 minutes to locate the second batch of silver dollars. The third location he had hidden down by a field in his front yard. That was easily located also. His best friend had buried his MD'ing treasures in his back yard. It took me less than 5 minutes to locate where he had that buried. Made believers out of both of them. I hear all the reviews about those machines and there certainly are a lot of people that say they don't work. I just know from what I experienced when I used to own one.

I must to tell to all,ELECTROSCOPES by thomas really work!!!!!!!
I from Macedonia
Best Regards

i have a new field scope by Thomas.took it out to lake st clair at a old beach I found a 1943 half at 35-40 ft in 3 feet of water and 7" of mud and sand
I also found a merc and 6 Wheaties and locked on to a 5 cents at 15' on relics I found a rat tail file at 24' it is vary easy to use.it is batt operated.
I have been testing for 23 years on just about all LRL and dowsing rods and I give this a A+

Only noobs claim that it works! Coincidence? I think not!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah just Google Dick or have a look around face book. He is not in hiding anywhere. If you truely believe you can do these things then you will find a way to locate the man.
I wish you good fortune.
Yes the human body can cure itself from many problems. So can wild animals and the way each does this is the same. As a matter of fact wild animals are better at it than us. Some can even regrow brocken legs and tails and eyes and wings.
Grabbing hold of a couple of sticks or pivoted bits of wire or box of disconnected electronic bits and pieces can in no way at all connect a human being to an underground gold nugget, water supply, diamond or hidden Spanish treasure. or single coin via an imagined psychic transmission of ions or electrical energy no matter how much or strongly a person may like to believe it can.

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
God! I hate Hippies!

Well on a more positive note. Your new "gold only" detector will make you the first trillionaire. Congrats!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What can I say? Your inner self belief is unbreakable so I wish you good fortune and mate if you can do what you have just stated while using supernatural and psychic power then Dick Smiths cash reward is in the bag for you.
Even if you have to get a loan from the bank to come to Australia to set up a test with Dick smith, you cannot loose and will return home a millionare. As matter of fact I would not be suprised if DS would go to The States to meet you and set up the tests over there.

I will say however that I suggest that you donot get into debt over this because you WILL FAIL THE TEST just like a truck load of the worlds self proclaimed best psycics have failed

You are not alone in your belief that you can do these spooky things but untill now there has not been a single dowser or psychic on the planet who has been able to prove their claimed ability actually exists.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread