Deep detector ?? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16

    May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    574
    4 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Then get an XP (Fastest recovery on the market...GoldMaxx Power, or if you like low frequency (Still finds cut quarter hammered...very small) ), and the Red Heats are very good and deep, just a shame the maker has gone to detecting pastures greener, he died 3 weeks ago, God Rest his Soul.
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

  2. #17
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Quote Originally Posted by rayredditch
    Then get an XP (Fastest recovery on the market...GoldMaxx Power, or if you like low frequency (Still finds cut quarter hammered...very small) ), and the Red Heats are very good and deep, just a shame the maker has gone to detecting pastures greener, he died 3 weeks ago, God Rest his Soul.
    Sorry to hear about Vic. That's really too bad.

    His Red Heat Tornado looks mighty nice.

    Any good dealers you'd recommend? I live in the US.

    Badger
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  3. #18

    May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    574
    4 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    HHmm, don´t know any dealers in the US that do the Red Heats (He sold them directly), or the XP´s. For the Xp´s try Regtons in the UK, they should be able to do you a nice price, ask for Nigel (Even by email), tell him I sent you, and I said you´de do him a deal. they´re very good, I have the GoldMaxx Power. You can get 2 sorts of wireless headphones for these (And they don´t have a lag), with really crisp sound and rechargable batteries, lightweight foldable, or the others are like Jolly Rogers ! Whatever you choose !
    HH Ray
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

  4. #19
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Quote Originally Posted by rayredditch
    HHmm, don´t know any dealers in the US that do the Red Heats (He sold them directly), or the XP´s. For the Xp´s try Regtons in the UK, they should be able to do you a nice price, ask for Nigel (Even by email), tell him I sent you, and I said you´de do him a deal. they´re very good, I have the GoldMaxx Power. You can get 2 sorts of wireless headphones for these (And they don´t have a lag), with really crisp sound and rechargable batteries, lightweight foldable, or the others are like Jolly Rogers ! Whatever you choose !
    HH Ray
    Thanks Ray, I'll look into it.

    Badger
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  5. #20

    Nov 2003
    Abbotsford/Okanagan B.C., CANADA!
    712
    9 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    If looking at a Minelab, for land hunting, I'd look into getting an XTerra 70. ..Willy.

  6. #21
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    If looking at a Minelab, for land hunting, I'd look into getting an XTerra 70. ..Willy.
    You like it better than the SE?
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  7. #22

    Nov 2003
    Abbotsford/Okanagan B.C., CANADA!
    712
    9 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    I've never used an SE, but had 2 Sov's and an Excalibur. What I like about the X70 is the light weight, 4 AA's, faster sweep speed, EXTREME sensitivity to small and low conductive targets, easy to implement/see multi-notch disc., concurrent depth display, and a few other things. I prospect for gold and, from what I can gather on the various forums, both the Sov. GT and SE are simply outclassed by the X70 when it comes to a multipurpose detector that can also nugget-hunt. One thing to keep in mind is that the ability to find tiny nuggets translates into the ability to find tiny bits of jewelry (diamond ear-studs). As I said, I had (and liked) 3 other BBS detectors, but they exhibited no depth advantage, in my ground, and were relatively insensitive to low conductors. ..Willy.

  8. #23
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    6,797
    144 times
    eating

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    I've never used an SE, but had 2 Sov's and an Excalibur. What I like about the X70 is the light weight, 4 AA's, faster sweep speed, EXTREME sensitivity to small and low conductive targets, easy to implement/see multi-notch disc., concurrent depth display, and a few other things. I prospect for gold and, from what I can gather on the various forums, both the Sov. GT and SE are simply outclassed by the X70 when it comes to a multipurpose detector that can also nugget-hunt. One thing to keep in mind is that the ability to find tiny nuggets translates into the ability to find tiny bits of jewelry (diamond ear-studs). As I said, I had (and liked) 3 other BBS detectors, but they exhibited no depth advantage, in my ground, and were relatively insensitive to low conductors. ..Willy.
    I think we communicated back in 05 when I had poor luck with my Excalibur. I couldn't get the depth with it that everybody was claiming.

    I ended up horse trading myself into this SE so I'll see how it sizes up to all the claims. I had wanted another Sovereign GT but the dealer who gives me super deals was all sold out. So, I finally decided on the SE.

    I'm not worried because these sell pretty easily and I got a super great deal on it in the first place.

    But the thing I need most isn't a new detector. What I really need is a new great hunting site.

    Badger
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

  9. #24

    May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    574
    4 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    If you look at my other posting (Some European Finds For The Week), you´ll see what I picked up after going over the same bit of ground with my XP GoldMaxx Power, as my mate had done with his XTerra 70 !!
    In Europe the GoldMaxx Power is called the hammered Hoover, because it finds all the really tiny stuff, even amongst iron. because it has the fastest recovery speed on the market. Go to You Tube and do a search for XP or GoldMaxx, you´ll see what I mean.









    HH Ray
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

  10. #25

    May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    574
    4 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Also on this site, scroll down, and you´ll find a test report on the GoldMaxx, from Norfolk Wolf (John Lynn), who´s a top detectorist (NOT a dealer) in the UK. Since trying one he hasn´t looked back !

    http://www.detector-distribution.co....ctors%20UK.htm
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

  11. #26

    Nov 2003
    Abbotsford/Okanagan B.C., CANADA!
    712
    9 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    Thing is, if a detector has a slower recovery speed.. just slow down. Also, from what I can gather the Goldmaxx Power operates at 18 KHz; that's about what the ol' Goldbug 1 operated at and what the XTerra CAN operate at, given the proper coil. What frequency was your buddy's X70 operating at? Another point I'd like to make is that recovery speed doesn't determine how small of a target can be detected, only the propensity for being masked by other targets. My last point is.. nobody gets it all. I wonder if you were to hunt the exact same area again, with another detector or the same one, if you'd find any other targets worth digging. I've seen it in soooo many magazine articles where, when field testing a new detector (even a crummy one), the guy will go to a site that's been 'hammered' for years by the best that can be had. Lo and behold, he starts digging up goodies that the other detectors missed. Wow, what an awesome new detector!!! Gimme a break! I can take almost any detector and hit this certain fresh water beach (hunted hundreds of times during spring/summer/fall) and find stuff that was missed. ..Willy.

  12. #27

    May 2006
    Europe
    Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
    574
    4 times

    Re: Deep detector ??

    His was operating at 18kHz too, but he tends to blend some junk out, thats why most Europeans don´t use the notch facility that Americans seem to love (Use it and you lose it, is a favourite saying here regarding notching). We where hunting on a field that had been ploughed, harrowed, and sown, weeks before, so unlike a beach, there was nothing to move the targets about ! We find that on really scrappy (Nails etc.,) area´s the Mine Labs tend to null out, where´s the GMP gets through it. That said, the T2 and F75 are also very good, not as fast as a GMP, but still better than the MineLab. People just have to learn not to notch things like ring pulls out. If we notched them out here, we´de miss thin gold rings and tiny hammered coins. Slow the sweep on a GMP, it just finds even more !
    HH Ray
    My hearts in England, but my butts stuck in mainland Europe.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

deepest detector
,

nautilus dmc 11b

,

nautilus dmc11-b

,

nautilus handle types for metal detecting

,
nautilus metal detector reviews
,
nexus detector 20 inch coil
,

red heat metal detector

,

red heat tornado metal detector

,
what is the advantage of a 15 inch head on a nautilus metal detector
,
xp gmaxx 2 review
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0