Deep detector ??

T

tetball

Hellow.

I would like to know as it is the dectector (VLF) that has more depth for the search of small and medium objects. Only I look for in the field or forest, never in the beach. I want the one that has very depth and a good or normal discrimination. The price is not a problem.

Thanks.

Robert.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
either a garrett grand master hunter cx3, used around 300.00......or a new minelab explorer 2 around 1400.00...........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett mentioned is good as is the upper model Tesoro's and Minelabs Explorer SE or Explorer II. The Whites DFX is also super.

W

wheelgunner1

To answer your question

If you want the deepest and BEST detector

Get a Nautilus dmc 11 b !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ED ;D

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Like wheelgunner says,take a look at the Nautilus. Nautilus has a website,and Treasure Depot has a Nautilus forum for good information on their various models and advantages. I chose the 11Ba model,being a bit easier to tune,but the 11B model seems to be a little more popular. I've used several brands of detectors,and Nautilus is my FAVORITE !!

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
You could also try the RED HEAT XD 17 MICRO. high frequency, deep, and excellent discrimination. (I just ordered myself one, they´re custom built, and cope with the River Thames Foreshore)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in Andorra (or Europe in general) I would look at the XP range (Goldmaxx or Goldmaxx Power) for super sensitivity to small/medium items. Very fast target response time. Light and can have the control box mid shaft, under the armrest or hip/chest mounted. Normal discrimination or select two or three tones in all metal.
The T2 is noisy but should also do well and has an increased range of iron discrimination over the F75. No small coil yet which is a problem.
The Red Heat will also do the job but its a little expensive, as are the coils.
The Nautilus isn't what you want much as I love it. Heavy unless you re mount on a Whites shaft or similar and you will need to drop to a small coil which involves extra expence, no service centers in Europe unless things have changed recently, though I think Medialettra in Italy can supply the machine itself. The U.K. distributor packed up years ago.
The Tejon is still a big seller. You need a European (not U.S.) version for the expanded iron reject range and slight extra depth. Don't buy from the U.K. as you can get a three year warranty model cheaper in say France, than the two year in Britain.

Brian

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
The Xp range are very good (I have an XP GoldMaxx Power myself), but the price is the same as a Red Heat XD 17 Micro. Which is better, horses for courses, or what you prefer yourself.
For hunting in the states both will do the job well (Red Heat XD at 17 kHz, GoldMaxx at 18 kHz). Also there´s the XP GMaxx 2 at 4.6 kHz, which is very good, and still finds small items despite the low frequency. These machines are tone only, no display, but once in experienced hands will really bring in the finds.
And Red Heat coils are a lot cheaper than the competition.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Great Britain has a bit of trouble with high iron in some places.

I wonder if a Nautie could handle it well enough? That Red Heat is supposed to be a real deep machine, as in SUPER deep, matching an earlier Garrett 2000, or a Compass X-200. I saw a site somewhere that matched these against each other, and of course, other detectors too. I think I went to Google to find it. Just type in "Red Heat". If it's as good as the Garrett and Compass, it's a real super deep detector and handles bad ground better than a Nexus..

kailas

Nov 10, 2007
EasyMoney said:
Great Britain has a bit of trouble with high iron in some places.

I wonder if a Nautie could handle it well enough? That Red Heat is supposed to be a real deep machine, as in SUPER deep, matching an earlier Garrett 2000, or a Compass X-200. I saw a site somewhere that matched these against each other, and of course, other detectors too. I think I went to Google to find it. Just type in "Red Heat". If it's as good as the Garrett and Compass, it's a real super deep detector and handles bad ground better than a Nexus..

I think that better is Nexus when you learn it. I work with this detector and have a very good results. Now i have and one prodotype detector in my hand is coinhunter from the geofasma company(www.geofasma.gr) is more effective and with very good discrimination. It's a real deep machine ( 2 euro in 42 cm).

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone used an infrared laser type metal detector? Do they work? Can they identify the target metal? How deep do they detect ?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Your question is far too wide. To tell you what's best for you we'd all need to know a lot more about you're type of hunting.

For salt water beaches go with Minelab.

Probably the best land hunting all-rounder is the Minelab Sovereign GT.

Probably the best all-rounder salt/fresh water hunter is the Minelab Excalibur.

These detectors are made to handle all types of soils and they are deep. They also discriminate extremely well.

Specialty detectors such as the relic hunter Nautilus models can get fabulous depth under the right conditions. Using the 15 inch coil I once dug a tiny iron/brass buckle at over 14 inches deep (closer to 18 inches).

But Nautilus detectors don't like water in any form. The coils are not waterproof and they can get out of tune rather easily. Go visit the Nautilus forum and you'll constantly read of owners having to return their coils to be fixed. The metal box tends to collect condensation which can make the detector very erratic. If you buy a Nautilus, get a backup machine like a Tesoro.

I love the Nautilus IIB and have found many items I doubt other detectors could have located. But, Nautilus detectors are very sensitive and don't handle extreme weather conditions well at all (hard rains and cold). If you buy Nautilus look for a used unit because these are selling very low these days. I've seen like new IIB & IIBa units go for about $350. After getting it if it gets poor depth, return it to Nautilus to be tested. They'll cut the coil open and re-tune it and adjust the entire unit. They're great people and often there's no charge.

If you're hunting more mild soils on land or fresh water beaches, the Tesoro Silver uMax fitted with the 12x10 concentric coil is an absolute coin/ring killer. The Cortes, DeLeon, and all the others are also great.

Okay, so, it all depends on your area and your wants/likes.

Badger

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Sounds like you love Minelab, better for land is Red heat, XP etc, far faster than a Minelab on recovery when in an iron laden site. Even the T2 and F75 will knock the socks of a Minelab in these conditions, and all are allmost as deep. But hell, who wants or needs to dig over 10/12 inches, most roman and celtic are only 4 to 8 inch deep, and they´ve been here a couple of thousand years. True, on a salt beach there´s not much to touch a Minelab.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rayredditch said:
Sounds like you love Minelab, better for land is Red heat, XP etc, far faster than a Minelab on recovery when in an iron laden site. Even the T2 and F75 will knock the socks of a Minelab in these conditions, and all are allmost as deep. But hell, who wants or needs to dig over 10/12 inches, most roman and celtic are only 4 to 8 inch deep, and they´ve been here a couple of thousand years. True, on a salt beach there´s not much to touch a Minelab.

Good comment. I almost bought the F75 but decided to get the SE. But, who knows, maybe next summer I'll decide to do the F75. That is if I can get myself to tolerate looking at that fishbone coil ;D

Badger

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Then get an XP (Fastest recovery on the market...GoldMaxx Power, or if you like low frequency (Still finds cut quarter hammered...very small) ), and the Red Heats are very good and deep, just a shame the maker has gone to detecting pastures greener, he died 3 weeks ago, God Rest his Soul.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rayredditch said:
Then get an XP (Fastest recovery on the market...GoldMaxx Power, or if you like low frequency (Still finds cut quarter hammered...very small) ), and the Red Heats are very good and deep, just a shame the maker has gone to detecting pastures greener, he died 3 weeks ago, God Rest his Soul.

Sorry to hear about Vic. That's really too bad.

His Red Heat Tornado looks mighty nice.

Any good dealers you'd recommend? I live in the US.

Badger

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
HHmm, don´t know any dealers in the US that do the Red Heats (He sold them directly), or the XP´s. For the Xp´s try Regtons in the UK, they should be able to do you a nice price, ask for Nigel (Even by email), tell him I sent you, and I said you´de do him a deal. they´re very good, I have the GoldMaxx Power. You can get 2 sorts of wireless headphones for these (And they don´t have a lag), with really crisp sound and rechargable batteries, lightweight foldable, or the others are like Jolly Rogers ! Whatever you choose !
HH Ray

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
rayredditch said:
HHmm, don´t know any dealers in the US that do the Red Heats (He sold them directly), or the XP´s. For the Xp´s try Regtons in the UK, they should be able to do you a nice price, ask for Nigel (Even by email), tell him I sent you, and I said you´de do him a deal. they´re very good, I have the GoldMaxx Power. You can get 2 sorts of wireless headphones for these (And they don´t have a lag), with really crisp sound and rechargable batteries, lightweight foldable, or the others are like Jolly Rogers ! Whatever you choose !
HH Ray

Thanks Ray, I'll look into it.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread