Detector Pro.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
UniProbe works well as a PI detector, but it is not the most powerful PI detector I've used and it has a slight issue with ground balance.
As Headphone/Probe on other detectors........absolutely beautiful..............there is nothing like it.
UniProbe-Mix_800.jpg

ivanll

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
ivanll said:
UniProbe works well as a PI detector, but it is not the most powerful PI detector I've used and it has a slight issue with ground balance.
As Headphone/Probe on other detectors........absolutely beautiful..............there is nothing like it.

ivanll

Thanks ivanll,I saw your couple of write up post on this subject on another Detector Pro forum.Do not think that your work has gone unnoticed,and thank you.I am getting the uniprobe for several reasons.For one i had the headhunter pulse with the 11 inch coil,and liked it very much.The big coil was hard to pinpoint with.The other is i have the pistol probe,and i love this pinpointer.It will most of the time hit the target from the surface.I'll pass on the Garret pointer,when i can scan around the roots or trees with a hand held pulse induction detector.I will not mined if the uniprobe is not as powerful as a standard pi because they are so overly sensitive anyway,so this may actually help me.So i like products that can serve two purposes,and i like the compactness so everything is light.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I purchased the UniProbe mainly for when gold prospecting which at times can be in shallow waterways so having a waterproof probe with adjustable sensitivity is just perfect, it also happens to be very good when coin or beach hunting, to me it's an excellent investment.

The purchase of the 12" coil came later mainly just to see how it would perform and it eliminates the question of "wondering how it might work".
I did have to change the supplied cable plug to a BNC connector to fit the UniProbe the coil I got had a waterproof plug as used on the later HHPI units.
If there is any difference in the coils apart from the plugs, only the maker would know............................It is preferable when detector and coil is matched.

There are Detector Pro users over here but they certainly keep a very low profile and I've never seen or met one.

ivanll

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder why Detector Pro does not have there own forum here under brands ??

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Keppy said:
I wonder why Detector Pro does not have there own forum here under brands ??

Hey keppy,even on bigger forums detpro is slow.You ever noticed that some of the best of things take the longest to be found out?

OP
OP
SpiritRelic

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Ivanll,can you go into some details,like the one nine volt battery?So you have compared the headhunter pulse to the uniprobe?So the HH pulse is 18 volts for sure?.If the batteries are wired in parallel the pulse may be running on 9v instead,just for longer lasting.I May try to find out by going to the DPro site and try to find out.Anything else you can think of about the conversion would be helpful.Thanks.
Well i just found the specs,and it does not say if the HH pulse operates on 9v or 18v?The uniprobe has the same battery life time rating as the HH pulse?I might just call Detpro.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread