Mid-Mo. Info. on Teknetics T2, dont have a detector yet.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
Re: Mid-Mo. Info. on Teknetics T2, don't have a detector yet.

dont know anything about the T2 but i have an mxt that i love

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

The T2 is awsome! Steve of mid-MO detectors sells them,however,he probably won't be available for a coupla days (see TNET Member Hunts,'Steve update').JD of MO can give you some input .

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi guy, I don't know much about the T2 either, but have a Garrett ACE 250, that I really like. I alos use a Whites XLT, that I like also.

I'm sure there are lots of guys on this forum that can tell you all about the detector you are looking at.

Hope to see some of your finds here on the forum soon.

HH, Ringfinder

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

So many knowledgable experienced detectors here, so I leave the detector question to them.

However would like to take the time to welcome you to the forum WWW. And welcome you back to the hunt.

Postalrevnant

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome, I have really enjoyed my Whites XLT. So much so That I have two! The pre set programs are easy to use and learn. Good luck Tsgman

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005

Hey www, First of all, Welcome to the forum, I live in Mid Mo and have gone out with Steve MDing... He has a T2 that he let me try out at an old church. In my opinion, it was a good detector, very sensitive to small things. We were picking up little small rivets at 9 plus inches (almost too sensitive if there is such a thing for a detector)........not sure what freq it operates at!!

Steve is very knowledgable about the many different kinds of detectors and has used almost all of them!!! I haven't talked to Steve for awhile, but I could probably get ahold of him for ya.....I would say that he might be interested in selling that T2, but I can't speak for him......

Where abouts do you live in Mid Mo WWW? You can post here or mail me direct if you want!! Nascarfan

dkw

Jul 8, 2006
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Deleon, Ace 250

I'll bump this back to the top for you.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the forum..... ;D, good luck.

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good to see all the missouri people!! wtg! :) www if you have any questions or need help just ask!! jd

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005

Hey JD, My friend Tony told me he went out with you awhile back..... He came away from that day a more confident detectorist!!! You must have shown or told him quite a bit!! I told him that I was pretty limited in what I could help him with because I don't have a dfx or mxt!! You set him straight!! Nascarfan

elk50

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2007

I live near Warrensburg and am just getting into civil war

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT

The T2 is a pretty good detector although it doesn't keep its settings and some are having issues with the quality of the mechanical parts. There is only one coil available. Overall a decent detector for the money. You may however want to wait for the Fisher F75. Looks like this will be the next gen detector from Fisher/First Texas. Improvments have been made to the construction and the electronics are second generation. Holds your settings and will have multiple coil selection. Coming out around First of March give or take. Let me know if you're interested in either one. 8)
TonyinCT
WWW.TCMETALDETECTORS.COM

tnredneck

Dec 11, 2006
Paris, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Check out Finds Treasure Forum, there is a forum there dedicated to the T2. I have been researching the T2 also and am planning on purchasing one myself. I first tried reading reviews but ti seems that they might be "tainted" because the opinions are so varied. The forum seems to be by real users (most from the UK) but one thing is for sure...they all agree that the T2 is working for them even though it won't save your settings and there was one batch of detectors that had a problem with the lock ring breaking.

Good Luck, Tnredneck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread