Current videos on testing the AKA Sorex Pro

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
I had to reload some of the videos so the old links won't work. There were a few erros and some were a bit too long. I am trying to break them down into a bit shorter videos just focusing on one or two points. That way if one looks boring you can just kill it and move on to the next and not have to try and FF through the Video to find me making it beep:-)

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I really enjoyed your videos very much and because of them, I just bought a Sorex Pro, myself! I wanted to thank you! I have not seen a few things on your videos that I would like to see, so I will try to detail them here and then maybe in some future video, you could include some of them? Thanks again for all you've done and you have led the way for all of us on these Russian Metal Detectors! Big Red
First, excuse me if I am mistaken on anything I say? You may have more videos/writings, than I know about. I am also a complete novice, when it comes to the pro, having just ordered mine, yesterday. I have not seen anything in your videos, that I am aware of, about the feature of being able to turn up, or down, or even off, the sound of all iron, or Ferris targets, to the left of center on the Hodograph while keeping all target sounds of non-Ferris nature (to the right of center on the Hodograph) fully intact? I would like to see some targets of aluminum, pull tabs, pop tops, steel bottle caps, tin foil, used and see where they all fall on the Hodograph? maybe put some coins next to these items and see how far apart they need to be, to be identified? Will you hear two distinct sounds as you go over, say a quarter and a pulltab, close together? A bottle cap and a dime, or penny? Can they be identified by their sounds, as well as by the graph?
I really would like to see a nail with a dime under it? Or, a quarter? And use all the different modes, Algorithms, etc. to see what works better on what alloy? Or combination of alloys? Lay a medium slab of iron, next to a silver quarter, try and set the detector up to maybe hear the quarter next to the iron, or turn the iron's sound down, (or off?) can you still hear the quarter now? a dime?, a penny? What to expect in the ground?
That's all I have, for now. You really do seem to be quite an expert on the Pro! Way ahead of me, for sure! I think, ahead of all of us? One more thing, I hate the word "hodograph?! I talked with a garytopman the other day and asked him what the Russian pronunciation might be for that word hodograph and his response was "Vectorgraph"! How about we Americanize that into Vectragraph? White's did it with "Spectragraph! Why not Vectragraph for the Sorex Pro? I sure like it better! Just a thought. I think that might go down easier with everyone. Thanks for listening, Big Red

OP
OP
G

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
Hi, I really enjoyed your videos very much and because of them, I just bought a Sorex Pro, myself! I wanted to thank you! I have not seen a few things on your videos that I would like to see, so I will try to detail them here and then maybe in some future video, you could include some of them? Thanks again for all you've done and you have led the way for all of us on these Russian Metal Detectors! Big Red
First, excuse me if I am mistaken on anything I say? You may have more videos/writings, than I know about. I am also a complete novice, when it comes to the pro, having just ordered mine, yesterday. I have not seen anything in your videos, that I am aware of, about the feature of being able to turn up, or down, or even off, the sound of all iron, or Ferris targets, to the left of center on the Hodograph while keeping all target sounds of non-Ferris nature (to the right of center on the Hodograph) fully intact? I would like to see some targets of aluminum, pull tabs, pop tops, steel bottle caps, tin foil, used and see where they all fall on the Hodograph? maybe put some coins next to these items and see how far apart they need to be, to be identified? Will you hear two distinct sounds as you go over, say a quarter and a pulltab, close together? A bottle cap and a dime, or penny? Can they be identified by their sounds, as well as by the graph?
I really would like to see a nail with a dime under it? Or, a quarter? And use all the different modes, Algorithms, etc. to see what works better on what alloy? Or combination of alloys? Lay a medium slab of iron, next to a silver quarter, try and set the detector up to maybe hear the quarter next to the iron, or turn the iron's sound down, (or off?) can you still hear the quarter now? a dime?, a penny? What to expect in the ground?
That's all I have, for now. You really do seem to be quite an expert on the Pro! Way ahead of me, for sure! I think, ahead of all of us? One more thing, I hate the word "hodograph?! I talked with a garytopman the other day and asked him what the Russian pronunciation might be for that word hodograph and his response was "Vectorgraph"! How about we Americanize that into Vectragraph? White's did it with "Spectragraph! Why not Vectragraph for the Sorex Pro? I sure like it better! Just a thought. I think that might go down easier with everyone. Thanks for listening, Big Red
I can do that...:-) Just have to find some bottlecaps and pulltabs...I never find them as I only hunt in colonial era homesites...but will locate a few for a video.
Scott

OP
OP
G

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
O.K...here is a video just on bottlecaps and how the Sorex responds. Now my ground is frozen so I can't bury one in the ground and show how it responds at say 7" but I did put them under a brick which kind of simulates some ground signal...best I can do inside.

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, thanks for the great, informative video, once again! I would like to see what happens with the Hodometer when we have both objects close together and also with a pulltab! But my Pro is on the way as we speak. So I can do some testing of my own soon! I can't wait! Thanks so much again, for all your help and expertise on the Sorex Pro, your help with the shipping process and what you are doing to promote, what I think, is a revolutionary new product from Russia!
We all need to open our eyes and realize what this machine can do for our sport of Metal Detecting! The I.D. capabilities of this machine, from what I've seen, are second to none! And the Discrimination and Audio choices, are first rate! I've been metal detecting for some 40 some years and used most machines from old to new, out there and this one deserves a second look, in my humble opinion. I will see you all "out there in the dirt"! Big Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread